Honda Element Owners Club banner

Lift kit for my E

22K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  slimerdogs 
#1 ·
Im looking to lift my E. I have a ex awd. I know that lifting my E may cause binding due to the shared suspension parts and links with rsx or similar models. I want clearance and to be able to do more off road friendly trips with my E. I'm not concerned with comfortable ride or fuel economy. I love my E and would like to be able to drive through deeper mud and handle a little more off road conditions without hearing that annoying and spine tingling sound of the fuel tank protection scraping against dirt or those rocks that hang a little higher than I thought my E could handle. It seems my E has the ground clearance of a street car when offroad. I just want to be able to go offroad with the security of knowing I have a few extra inches to have a little more fun offroad.

#2 ·
I had mine done at CCM about 15,000 miles ago. I let him do it in San Luis Obispo and not a single issue with it. I don't treat it like a Jeep (!!!) but it sure allows me to go where I want to go...

Ara and Spirit

#7 ·
Don't know if you would want to put a lift on a SC:-D The biggest problem is with the front shafts from the severe angle you will loose the CV boots eventually and you will have more torque steer with the lift. Watch gassing it during a tight turn. Also you have to cut the frame flange to keep from bending the tie rods. If you are not going to load your E or tow with it and not in a hilly area like I am and do then it will work. I would like to see a 1.5 or 2" lift instead. I am keeping the rear upper arms from the kit but the rest is going.

#9 ·
I wouldn't feel so bad about the lift but other then the CV boots and talking to the owner of CCM was like riding a bull for 8 seconds.:grin:

#12 ·
A bull? I had it mount it and thought of him as a nice guy! Would definitely do business with him again.

It is not just the look. If you go off road, which we do a lot, sure gives you much more clearance. About 32,000 miles now with the lift and no problem at all.

Stay well, Ara and Spirit

PS: the lift did not help here!!! Took the totally wrong line on this road...

#14 ·
Yes! I knew that side of the road was soft because I had already gone through the other way, yet, a "Duh! moment...".
We walked to Base Camp. The funny part was Spirit thinking he is jumping off on ground but landing in a foot of water!
I carry a SAT Phone, some Friends 5 miles away insisted they come and tow us out. They were bored I guess.
So anyhow, that is the story!

Ara and Spirit

#16 ·
They are not Jeeps but do quite and surprisingly well. Nothing dramatic. I am always happy with their performance.

Ara and Spirit

#18 ·
That should be interesting. Hope you post pictures.
Stay well. Ara and Spirit

#21 ·
I stumbled across Ara at Crater Lake NP on 8/3/2012.

View attachment 93176

He has a good soul. Listen to what he says.

Regards,
Greg
Hi Greg... Has to think a bit but how could I forget that noisy campground!
No one here within miles... Short sleeve T shirt today! Amazing after 6 " 's of snow... Stay well.

I'm amazed on what the E can do. You all are truly in touch with the elements (no pun intended) of the Earth.

Safe trekking my friends!
You know, I had never thought about it that way!!! Thanks for putting it together.:)

#22 ·
My underground parking clearance is not enough for the 3" lift (with .5" extra from tires and 10" from roof box).

Then, maybe there is still a way to get some more lift without the full 3" CCM.

.. Has anyone here bought the CCM and had it cut down to between 1.5" and 2" (or thereabouts)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.