Honda Element Owners Club banner

Looking for Burnt Orange Paint, Hit a deer and car still in shop awaiting paint info.

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
I hit a deer about 3 weeks ago this coming Wed. The body shop here is not able to find anyone that has the paint for the 2003 burnt orange E.
Can anyone help? We are 60 miles north of Dallas.

#3 ·
Re: Looking for Burnt Orange Paint, Hit a deer and car still in shop awaiting paint info.

I contacted the garage that is repairing my E. They said that Honda does not supply paint. They use the same paint supplier although and seems this sunset orange pearl has not been used before in this area so they are having to get the formula, and they have the paint number from inside the door but it is the tint that is used to make this color that is not readily available...
:?

#4 ·
Lucy777 said:
I hit a deer about 3 weeks ago this coming Wed. The body shop here is not able to find anyone that has the paint for the 2003 burnt orange E.
Can anyone help? We are 60 miles north of Dallas.

I'd got get my car from that shop
First off the paint code is on the doorjam
& most shops use computerized equipement to mix & match

being your car is new
I would have taken it DIRECTLY to honda

go get your E from that chop shop!!

#6 ·
Re: Looking for Burnt Orange Paint, Hit a deer and car still in shop awaiting paint info.

Any body shop that says they can't get the correct paint is not a place I would want to even paint a wagon. Hell, you can order the paint online if you wanted to... Paint Scratch

Call your dealer and ask THEM where they send their cars for repairs... then drive your E there and have the work performed.

#8 ·

spdrcr5 said:
Call your dealer and ask THEM where they send their cars for repairs... then drive your E there and have the work performed.
Good advice.

Cars are constantly damaged on dealer lots and if they don't have their own shop, they certainly have a shop that they use.
I've seen places use that excuse when they take in too much work but don't want to turn people away.
If it's not an excuse I sure wouldn't want some idiot who doesn't even know how to mix up a color (or order one) painting my car.
SOP is difficult to match to begin with, why invite trouble? :roll:
I'd take my business elsewhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.