Honda Element Owners Club banner

Washington State Element Owners

5K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  mrheenan 
#1 ·
Okay, I am close to purchasing an Element. I'd like to get some feedback from other Element owners in the Washington state area. I'm looking for the best dealers to work with, best deals etc... I would like to also get some feedback as to how their Element is working for them? How is the gas mileage, any problems? I haven't bought a new car since '97, I'm ready for one, so far the Element is my choice (Ford Escape 2nd). I currently live in the Everett are but I don't care where I have to go to find the best dealer or the best deal. Please help. Also, why aren't there any Washington Element clubs?

My next vehicle needs to have great gas mileage. I put around 3000+ miles on my car per month due to my job. So, I need as much feedback as possible before I purchase my next car.

#3 ·
Yeah, there are definitely lots of posts around here about MPG - we live in the Northgate area and the E goes to the Burien area daily for work. Our average seems to be between 20 - 24 mpg depending on whatever factors come in. :roll: And while that's not as good as an average sedan type car, it is much better than my truck (approx. 16-18 mpg avg.) and you won't be driving an "average" vehicle! :)

#4 · (Edited)
Hands down, South Tacoma Honda. Chris Stacey is their Internet manager. Straight shooter with the best price I could find on my 2004 GGM.

As far as MPG I range around 22MPG city/highway mix with an EX model. No problens to speak of with the ELEMENT.

#6 ·
I bought mine at South Tacoma Honda. They were absolutely great to work with. I walked in like I owned the place, said what I wanted, and what I wanted to pay a month. They didn't have the trim model I wanted but got it for me in 3 days. Igot everything I wanted and spent a total of 3 hours at the dealership. By the way my gas mileage is pretty good.

#7 ·
Spokane anybody??

I know that there are other "E" owners in Spokane because I've seen them with my own eyes... I'd better get one of those EOC stickers and start promoting this site I guess!

Funny thing, I just came back from a long trip to visit my sister in Seattle and nearly every "E" owner I passed waved, honked, or flashed their headlights in recognition! As friendly as they were I'd be willing to bet they were some folks in here, but I didn't see any EOC stickers. I even passed a GGM near Sprague, WA (East-bound I-90) and used my rear wiper to "wave" hello! Hmm... I should put a LEGO sticker on my "E" so you'll recognize me if we cross paths again!

Maybe next time I go over the mountain (Spring or Summer) we'll get the opportunit"E" to meet since I'm apparently the only Element owner in little Spokane that has an Internet connection! ;)

Oh, by the way... BEAUTIFUL city fellow Seattle/Tacom-Ites! :) You should be proud!

LEGO

#9 ·
there you are Beatbox...I saw you the other day, but as I'm no longer in my E I didn't think you'd appreciate being honked at by a Tacoma coming off the freeway!

jesse

Hey Lego, thanks! we kinda like it over here too...not that there's anything wrong with Spokane(anyone know where that is??) :wink:

#10 ·
SeattleE said:
there you are Beatbox...I saw you the other day, but as I'm no longer in my E I didn't think you'd appreciate being honked at by a Tacoma coming off the freeway!

jesse

Hey Lego, thanks! we kinda like it over here too...not that there's anything wrong with Spokane(anyone know where that is??) :wink:
Jesse, I've been off the board for a while. No E? What gives?

#12 ·
SeattleE said:

jesseQUOTE]

Actually the funny part about you honking at Beatbox from a Tacoma - that's what I drive since he's always got our E! ;) BTW, I've looked and the Tacoma owners websites that I've found are booooring from what I've seen. :roll:

#13 ·
I know, I know...Jesse not in his element anymore? How ironic...anyway...

For a variety of reasons I made the decision to go back to a Tacoma. For one I'm doing carpentry work on the side, as well as being in school(carpentry of course) and need to haul more bigger stuff than I used to. That combined with the fact the I was EXTREMELY tired of several issues I had been having with the E for many moons...and the end result is my now driving a 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Extended cab V6...first time I've had anything bigger than a 4-banger...wow.

That's about it in a nutshell......Can I still show up if there's a Seatle meet? Or will I be booed out???

jesse

#14 ·
SeattleE said:
That's about it in a nutshell......Can I still show up if there's a Seatle meet? Or will I be booed out???

jesse
Booed out???!!! Jesse??? Never! :grin:
Nav loves her Tacoma too!
Hope to see ya soon!

#15 ·
BEATBOX said:
Booed out???!!! Jesse??? Never! :grin:
Nav loves her Tacoma too!
Hope to see ya soon!
I DO Love my pretty red Tacoma! Maybe if there is another meet we should make it an Element/Tacoma meet and have everyone meet at some Honda dealership in Tacoma! ;-) haha (sorry, I haven't finished my caffeine intake yet this morning.) :roll:

#16 ·
SeattleE said:
I know, I know...Jesse not in his element anymore? How ironic...anyway...

For a variety of reasons I made the decision to go back to a Tacoma. For one I'm doing carpentry work on the side, as well as being in school(carpentry of course) and need to haul more bigger stuff than I used to. That combined with the fact the I was EXTREMELY tired of several issues I had been having with the E for many moons...and the end result is my now driving a 2000 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Extended cab V6...first time I've had anything bigger than a 4-banger...wow.

jesse
Hard to arge with a Tacoma if you need the size or hauling capacity, so no boos from my end.

Just curious - what types of issues were you having with your E? (9 months and still loving mine)

#17 ·
PaddleMe said:
Hard to arge with a Tacoma if you need the size or hauling capacity, so no boos from my end.

Just curious - what types of issues were you having with your E? (9 months and still loving mine)
Basically...in a nutshell...to sumarize...sorry

I just found that to effectively haul carpentry STUFF and the odd round of landscaping STUFF, the E just wasn't cutting it. Add to that the constant rattles and seat movement(4 tries to fix)...and it was just time to move back to a tacoma.......besides, I can still toss a nasty wetsuit in the back :wink: just now I don't have to smell it the whole drive back!

Jesse

#18 ·
I couldn't get the price and features I wanted in WA...went to Albany OR and picked up my 2004 EX AT 2WD (Sunset Orange!) last weekend for about $1500 less than Washington dealers would go. It was worth the drive...great job at Bill Rogers Honda and Jon Groenig. :)

DUV
(DOG utility vehicle!)

#20 ·
Hey,
If there's a meet in WA - especially in spokane area, count me in. I'm in SW Montana and I've only seen a total of 3 elements, mine is 1

John
04 - EX - 4wd, loaded, fog, sideboards, racks, dealer demo car...Great machine!

#22 ·
dbcooper said:
Hey,
If there's a meet in WA - especially in spokane area, count me in. I'm in SW Montana and I've only seen a total of 3 elements, mine is 1

John
04 - EX - 4wd, loaded, fog, sideboards, racks, dealer demo car...Great machine!
Mr Cooper...a lot of people have been looking for you...anyhow, where in Montana are you?? I have property in NW Montana <near polson>. Just curious!

#23 ·
05BlackOnBlack said:
Mr Cooper...a lot of people have been looking for you...anyhow, where in Montana are you?? I have property in NW Montana <near polson>. Just curious!
My grandparents lived in Polson. They have passed and now my dad has some land up on Hillcrest drive, overlooking the lake. It used to be a cherry orchard but as my grandparents got older they couldn't take care of it. So now my dad and his twin are renting out 2 homes on the land up there. Where at near Polson is your land?
L.

#24 ·
SRLNCLT said:
My grandparents lived in Polson. They have passed and now my dad has some land up on Hillcrest drive, overlooking the lake. It used to be a cherry orchard but as my grandparents got older they couldn't take care of it. So now my dad and his twin are renting out 2 homes on the land up there. Where at near Polson is your land?
L.
It's in Big Arm actually. Off "Walking Horse Lane" if you're familiar. Right of the highway. 5acres of lake view property. Can't wait to build!

#25 ·
Yeah, I wish they hadn't of chopped down all the cherry, apple, and pear trees. You can see the lake from their land. They built the house themselves. It needs to be updated but it is and still could be nice. Big Arm is a nice little community. I'll be going up to Missoula for a wedding and then up to Whitefish cuz my wife likes it up there. Then to Couer d'Alene for our 2 year anniversary.
L.

#26 ·
DOGBOX said:
I posted a thread under purchase/test drive about california trip that incl some commentary re MPG.

I bought mine at Dick Hannah in Vancouver. Was extremely pleased, but I'm sure you can find someone closer your way.
I live in Vancouver as well. I was wondering who you delt with over at Hanna and how the price you paid compared with Honda of Juilet in Ill. I am considering my options as I am in the market for a new element. I am sadly saying goodbye to my 300TE mercedes wagon, as my needs have changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.