AT shift indicator (at shift lever, not on dash): Panel removal and bulb replacement - Page 3 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:51 PM   #21
wastedonanime
EOC Rank: Carbon
2006 4WD EX-P MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Send a message via AIM to wastedonanime
Quote:
Originally Posted by divestoclimb View Post
Hey wasted, did you know for us MT's you can remove the center console without using a screwdriver to pry it off?
Haha yeah... good point! I recently discovered that little trick. Makes life so much easier. Then again I've taken that piece off so many times it comes off much easier than the first time which took an extraordinary amount of effort. : )~

Do what he said if you can. Reduces the risk of damaging the bottom of that plastic. Also, don't be alarmed if the flat piece surrounding the shift boot pops out. If it does, just continue removing the rest of the main piece and snap that one back in afterwards.

"The Black Sheep"

2006 EX-P "SC-X" Project
[OEM Accessories : SC Part Swaps : Performance & Handling : 1800w Audio/Video System : DIY Modifications]

Thinking about HID's? Consider an SC Front End Conversion for HID-required projector headlights.

Last edited by wastedonanime; 11-28-2007 at 11:53 PM.
wastedonanime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #22
GoodE
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD DX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Smile AT Trans Shift light

well, my Odometer and shift lights went out a few weeks ago. changed the odometer lights. EEAASSYY! But, I had to use the other bulbs mentioned.
in my other post odometer lights. The shift display light bulb. Breath, it will be Okay. Carefully remove the trim panel that surrounds the AT shifter and includes the Hazard Button. Dissconnect the hazard button harness. Now, it would be best to remove all of the center console trim(for ease) But, I did not. Look at the top and bottom of the gray shifter unit. you will see it is clipped on to a black sub structure. Becareful, it is plastic. Patience, getting all four corners unclipped will take some care and cursing. With the center console trim still on....It's super tight. Now, with the shifter circle hanging around the shifter. Look on the left edge top and bottom. Push inthe bottom black strip to detatch the PRND12 section. twist the the bulb counter clockwise to release the bulb. Replace with a # 74 bulb IT WILL FIT!!
Then, it's time to button it all back up. Then grab a tasty beverage an enjoy watching the NE Patriots lead the Steelers.- Later GoodE
GoodE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #23
UP&ATOM
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX AT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

gear selection lights fixed

I had the same problem with my gear selector light and my AC/ Fan light in the center consol. When I mentioned it to my Honda mechanic, he popped the subwoofer panel off, tightened the collection of ground wires (located on a small pillar to the left of the subwoofer, on the driver's side) and the problem was corrected.

Easy Peasy.

And at no charge. :D
2005MAGEX4WDAUTO Yakima Rack with dual BasketCases, OEM foglights, custom-mount 2Meter/440 ham radio, public service scanner and FRS radios, dual Nil-Jon antennas, Garmin GPS on Lobster Mount w/ custom GPS antenna, custom center console with built-in 40 channel cb radio, interior window coverings, sidesteps, custom tint, VentVisors, multiple 12volt installs, always looking for more mods!
UP&ATOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 AM   #24
Bengoshi-San
EOC Rank: Helium
2005 4WD EX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Send a message via AIM to Bengoshi-San
So it's just basically a grounding problem?
Bengoshi-San is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #25
UP&ATOM
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX AT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

Just saying...it appears to have solved my problem. :D

You could still have a bad bulb...
2005MAGEX4WDAUTO Yakima Rack with dual BasketCases, OEM foglights, custom-mount 2Meter/440 ham radio, public service scanner and FRS radios, dual Nil-Jon antennas, Garmin GPS on Lobster Mount w/ custom GPS antenna, custom center console with built-in 40 channel cb radio, interior window coverings, sidesteps, custom tint, VentVisors, multiple 12volt installs, always looking for more mods!
UP&ATOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #26
mehlhorn
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2004 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Shifter light is out

My 04 Element shift light has gone out (the one that lights up the PRDN12). How do I remove the cover to access the bulb? Does anyone know the part number for it?
mehlhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #27
ramblerdan
Semiretirederator
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Welcome, Mehlhorn.

Part number appears to be 35505-692-003, but you should be able to take the old bulb into a parts store and match it to a common one.

Last edited by ramblerdan; 10-24-2008 at 10:15 AM.
ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #28
mehlhorn
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2004 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Interior Light is out

The light bulb that lights up the P R D N 1 2 on my automatic (i guess that obvious) 2004 E is out. I had some battery problems but i replaced the battery and everything is back to normal - exept that light. How do I go about opening the shift panel thing to access the bulb? Could it be a fuse or something from the battery issues??
mehlhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #29
bh241
EOC Rank: Iron
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

If I'm not mistaken the panel is removed from the 'bottom'. Pull the sub cover, and use the wooden handle of a hammer to 'pop' the circular piece off.

Again, I'm pulling this from memory - I don't have the service manual handy right now.

bh241 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #30
bh241
EOC Rank: Iron
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

It's not an indicator per-say, but a general illumination lamp.

Last edited by ramblerdan; 07-28-2010 at 02:17 PM.
bh241 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Tags
auto , automatic , bulb , bulbs , console , gear , hazard , indicator , light , lights , prndl , shifter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.