Honda Element Owners Club banner

MP3 Player

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  bqbauer 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It takes CDs and reads MP3, WMA and CDA files so I would bet it does but I must admit I can't find a true answer to that question.

For anyone looking for a MP3 player for their AUX port, Dell has their PDAs on sale right now and they have a compact flash port which is nice to have to carry around tons of MP3s. I just ordered mine since my palm pilot died. two birds one stone!

Did I mention how much I love my Element?

#3 ·
I just got my Element and was wondering what the details about the MP3 player are. My salesman was clueless, the owner manual is vague, and I'm wondering if I can hook up my Jukebox Nomad directly into my car using a port or do I have to get a car adapter (the annoying cassette adapter) thingy.
Can any experienced MP3 user/Element owners help me?
I have the adapter but was just wondering if there was something that I am overlooking.

Thanks!

#4 ·
Sounds like you tried already and it did not work. The setup is simple. Any item that plays (walkman/CD/MP3) music to something like headphones will work. All you need is a cable with a 1/8 earphone jack for the AUX port on the Element and what ever the connector is on the Nomad which if I recall it the same. No matter what connect you need I bet you can find it at Radio Shack.

Here is the one I bought from Radio Shack. http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_002_001_002_000&product_id=42-2497

Hope this helps.

#5 ·
[quote:1b071896b7="thehoeys"]...I'm wondering if I can hook up my Jukebox Nomad directly into my car using a port or do I have to get a car adapter (the annoying cassette adapter) thingy.
Can any experienced MP3 user/Element owners help me?
[/quote:1b071896b7]

I, too, own a Nomad (Jukebox 3, 20 gb)...though I do not of yet own an E (boyish optimism will have to do for now!). I do however have a in-dash car stereo in my Tiburon that has a similar aux-in jack to that of the E. Which is great since its a CD/mp3 compatible-only unit (no tape). All you need is a mini-to-mini cable that you plug into the line-out jack of the Nomad, eliminating the need for a cassette adapter -- and it sounds great (better than if you plug into the earphone jack). When you use the line-out, the volume control of the car stereo overrides/disables the volume of the mp3 player.
Thus the car adapter kit is not necessary, unless you want a fancy mounting bracket-thing, and perhaps a wireless remote (not sure if that's sold separately from the car kit)...
In this day and age of gadgets & gizmos, I'm surprised every new factory stereo unit does not have an aux. input...Thanks Honda!

#7 ·
Yes it is only for the DX. The EX already has a stereo system but I am sure once you go to the Dealer they can remove the stock EX system and install the DX options for a price. if you want all the extras the EX comes with, If not get a DX and add the items you want.

#8 ·
Hello All,

So, here I am reading the comments on the aux jack of the element. I've got a very sweet 2wd ex and have impressed many with my aux jack for my mp3 player. My iPod sounds hot and all it needed was an $11 dollar auxilary jack cable I found at radio shack. Since then It's been hours of music beautifying the streets in Orange County, Ca. Get an iPod quick, kids!!!

G

#10 ·
:roll:

Just a side FYI on iPods- while following an iPod thread on Apple's wite I heard it rumored that they are doing away with the 5 GB iPod and the low-end level will be the 10 GB- hat will be offered at the price of the 5 GB- could be comming out with a new iPod model.... but I did notice that the Apple store was "temporarily" out of stock of the 5 GB iPods soooo maybe some truth to the rumor that they're phasing out the 5 GB models. Wait a few weeks if you're in the market and pick up a 10 GB for the price of a 5 GB!

Dave

#11 ·
Does anyone actually have this? I bought the MP3 player attachment, but then realized that the EX has the 2 DIN unit. The MP3 Din is backordered, but when it comes in, are they going to swap out the 2 DIN Head Unit wiith the 1 DIN CD Player and 1 DIN MP3 Player? I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Also, if they do that, does that mean the AUX jack won't work anymore, or does the 1 DIN CD Player have the AUX jack as well as some type of wiring for the MP3 Player like a 6 Disc Changer uses?

Thanks.

#12 ·
[quote:fd06a96605="artdude102"]:roll:

Just a side FYI on iPods- while following an iPod thread on Apple's wite I heard it rumored that they are doing away with the 5 GB iPod and the low-end level will be the 10 GB- hat will be offered at the price of the 5 GB- could be comming out with a new iPod model.... but I did notice that the Apple store was "temporarily" out of stock of the 5 GB iPods soooo maybe some truth to the rumor that they're phasing out the 5 GB models. Wait a few weeks if you're in the market and pick up a 10 GB for the price of a 5 GB!

Dave[/quote:fd06a96605]

Apple will release a new iPod in 1 or 2 weeks. Trust me on this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.