Honda Element Owners Club banner

Anyone know how to remove the factory head unit?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BB & Freaky-E 
#1 ·
I am trying to remone the factory stereo, but the most dificult part is trying to get that plastic trim piece off. Anyone know the best way to remove it without scratching it up or breaking it?

Also I am wanting to piggy back two seperate units ( Blaupunkt Hamburg and a Blaupunkt indash 5-disk changer ) to fill the 2 DIN Space. Anyone have any suggestions on this or what dash kits I would need to do this?

I have looked at a dash kit for the E but it has a pocket that would be nice but not for what I am wanting to do.

Any help would be great :)

#2 ·
Man I can't beleve this! The weekend is passing me by with no replies. Doesn't anyone know how the trim piece is removed? I have tried to pry it off, but I am leaving little marks. Please tell me what tool you used and where to pry at. PLEASE and THANKS

#3 ·
I really had to pry to get mine off. Under the radio is two small gaps, one on each side... just big enough to fit a small towel wrapped screw driver in. Just pry back and don't be afraid to use a little force. The top of the plate seems to give the most problem. I have to admit that even with the screwdriver being towel wrapped, the force necessary to pop the clips out ended up bruising my paneling. :evil:

Fortunately I saw a link to some oem parts in another thread. So when everything is said and done I'll probably replace the center trim, and radio plate.

Good luck! :?

OEM Parts: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...tcgry5=INSTRUMENT+PANEL+GARNISH+(DRIVER+SIDE)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.