Honda Element Owners Club banner

My E on 245/50/18 Pirelli's and BBS RK's

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  likecoiledsteel 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to the very valuable input of seanneal and Snarf77, my ride is now sporting a new set of sneakers - Pirelli PZero Roso Asimmetrico 245/50/18's (W speed rating - like I'm ever going to need that :) ) on BBS RK's 18 X 7.5 (42mm offset). I got 'em from tirerack.com.

The tires are .6% smaller than stock which produces a minimal speedometer error and they do not rub *at all*. But best of all, they look very cool :)

I also replaced the front and rear sway bars with the set from NOPI. The improvement in handling from the total package is just plain outstanding! In case you've been wondering what the difference between the NOPI front bar and stock is - the NOPI bar is solid steel while the stock is tubular. The rear is 20% beefier.

So the completed project has significantly better handling while preserving the stock ride height and speedo accuracy. The only problem I've found so far is my mileage has dropped from 23+ to ~20. I'll live with it :)

#2 · (Edited)
Wow, those wheels look good with the color of your E. Good choice on the BBS, light weight and great quality wheels! I also bought the sway bars to try them out but returned them to Summit racing after having them on my E for two weeks because I honestly didn't feel they were worth the money. I just didn't feel the same great improvement in handling you do with the new sway bars over the stock ones. I think maybe it's because I had upgraded to 18" wheels and high performance summer tires already on my E before I got the sway bars. Did you do the sway bars and the 18" wheels upgrade at the same time? I think the handling improvement you feel may be due to both stiffer and less tire sidewall flex from the 2" jump in wheels / tires size. Anyhow, your E looks awesome with the new wheels.

#3 ·
I had the wheels and tires on for 2 days before I did the bars. The road grip was better, but the body roll was the same. The new bars have flattened the turns and also added some of that road feel that you feel through your okole. You know, seams in the concrete, road nipples, small animals, etc ;-)

#4 ·
Nice ride! Looks good. I have a lot to do to mine. Who says Xb is the only one you can fix up. Not sure about the rougher ride in Los Angeles with lower profile tires and performance sway bars. The roads are pretty lame here....

I do expect some modifications in the next year though. Thanks for the info on what fits. Nice site.

Captshark

#6 ·
Thanks seanneal. I need to see how the car rides with the boat and trailer on it before I consider any height mods. I'll be way over the E-limits with my 2200 lb. package as it is. I know I can adjust the height of the hitch ball with different receivers. I only need to drive about a mile each way over flat ground to the launch. And since the trailer has surge brakes, I figure I'm reasonably safe.

If lowering is in the cards, it will be minimal. I don't want to get that ricey ride I see on other lowered vehicles - very skateboard/go-cart-like. Neither do I want to have to take speed bumps on the diagonal.

Has anyone found any rear aftermarket struts similar to KYB GasAdjust shocks? I did several web searches and turned up nothing.

#7 ·
For some reason, every time I see a post of someone up sizing their wheels, I think of this

And this

I asked the owner "Just how many CLOWNS can you get in that thing"...it did not go over well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.