Honda Element Owners Club banner

2 questions re stock head unit

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  medic4lee 
#1 ·
When I test drove an element ex the other day and tried the stereo, the bass was wayy too high (I know that may be impossible for some people:) and I could not find any sort of tone controls. Of course, I didn't spend a lot of time on the stereo. Do they just assume we'll all be listening to rap, since obviously all element buyers are 20-somethings?

Also- I assume there is some sort of input for a cassette player? I think I saw that you can buy a standard factory cassette that works with the stock head unit. Why cassettes? for books on tape mostly.

#2 ·
[quote:b118aa258c="lkasdorf"]When I test drove an element ex the other day and tried the stereo, the bass was wayy too high (I know that may be impossible for some people:) and I could not find any sort of tone controls. Of course, I didn't spend a lot of time on the stereo. Do they just assume we'll all be listening to rap, since obviously all element buyers are 20-somethings?

Also- I assume there is some sort of input for a cassette player? I think I saw that you can buy a standard factory cassette that works with the stock head unit. Why cassettes? for books on tape mostly.[/quote:b118aa258c]
No, they don't assume we'll all be listening to rap...

There are bass and treble controls on the EX stereo as well as a separate control that allows you to adjust the volume level of the subwoofer independantly from all the other speakers.

Also, there is a AUX jack on the passenger side dash area that accepts input from any audio source that can be delivered by plugging in a male 3.5 mm (common mini headphone style) plug.

So grab that old cassette walkman, mp3 player, mini-disk player, or what have you, and a male/male headphone jack and plug it into the E. Press the aux button on the EX head unit and away you go!:D

#3 ·
bass treble and sub volume can all be adjusted by pushing in on the tuning(right) knob to select which one you want to adjust then turn the same knob left or right for up and down,,,as far as a cass. player you can plug in to the aux input on the dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.