Honda Element Owners Club banner

Ramze's Video System Pics!!!!

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Isabox 
#1 ·
Check this out - not 1, not 2, but 3 - Count em THREE screens in this puppy! Maybe more, but I count 3. Sweet looking interior, Ramze!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice. How did you do the headrests? I assume all of the screens are synchronized? How did you tuck away the wiring?

Curiosity killed the cat - satisfaction brought him back. :)

Iskie

#5 ·
They come with a bezel, you just have to cut out enough space in the headrest and dig out all the foam. The back of the seats have a zipper wich made my life a thousand times easier. I do not know why they have a zipper but it made running the wires easier. I wouldn't recomend it for anyone to try but if you are a little handy and have a little knowledge of basic car stereo installation you could probablly do it your self. If you come to Las Vegas I will help....lol

#8 ·
I used 6.5 inch screens. I think that 6.5 is the biggest size that will fit in the headrests. It wasn't extremely difficult but you have to be a little handy when attempting to do it. The toughest part was the headrest because there is no room for error. You can find the screens for about $150 each. I would recommend trying to find the smallest dvd player you can get your hands on if you intend to put it in the glovebox. I couldn't think of anywhere else practical to put it. I got all my stuff at Fry's electronics. You also need a signal amplifier to split the signal to all those screens, otherwise the picture degenerates. Good luck. Write if you have anymore questions. Oh by the way, use a hot glue gun to mount the bezel for the screens to the headrest. We tried using screws first but there was nothing for them to grab to inside the headrest and they started to come loose after a few weeks.

#9 ·
I put in a kenwood 911 dvd 6.5 head unit with sirius radio, nav system, tv tuner.
On the top interior i put in a audiovox 8.5 dvd with another tv tuner drop down and a game port in the back. This system has dual zone so my kids can watch dvds in the back and i can listen to sat radio in the front. The game port will be used as a sat tv system when they make the rv ant smaller but for now i can use a tripod ant for directv for tailgating for bears games. Iwish i knew how to download pics. t mac stop by and take a look

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.