Element Audio System Integration Wiring Diagram - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 12:06 AM   #1
eMass
EOC Rank: Oxygen

This is a work in progress but I believe it is accurate. If I've mis-labeled something or left something out - please let me know. This diagram is a work in progress not a bible. :D

The main goal of this integration diagram is to show how an aftermarket head unit with RCA pre-outs, non fading subwoofer control, and an aux source can be fully integrated with the Element EX factory amplifier, subwoofer, speakers, and AUX jack without any special integration equipment such as line level converters, etc. All you need is some male RCA jacks and some patience.

Lastly, please be aware that the image below is considered intellectual property and should not be downloaded for the purposes of posting elsewhere or linked to elsewhere on the Internet. Thanks for your cooperation. :D

Last edited by T Mac; 11-20-2004 at 11:44 PM.
eMass is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2003, 07:36 PM   #2
eMass

Just for reference - the following diagram will give you an idea of what the wiring on the back of an aftermarket head unit might look like. If the head unit below had an AUX source and non fading subwoofer control you'd see 2 additional pairs of rca pre outs...

Old 08-10-2003, 01:36 AM   #3
Sheniferous
Moderateur Extraordinaire
2003 4WD EX AT
Shoreline Mist Metallic (SMM)

eMass you rock.

Thanks for this post, it'll make things a LOT easier!
Aftermarket & Homemade Accessories: Billet aluminum grille, Silverstar headlights, Cyberwhite Fog and Driving Lights, Hardwired 400W power inverter, Extra 12v socket, Homemade nylon privacy curtain, Rear sunroof sunscreen,
Tires: Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S 225/70/R16

SEARCH, RTFM, POST.
Sheniferous is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2003, 07:33 PM   #4
Eward
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

Thanks for the diagrams.

I have 2 questions.

1) I am using the metra 70-1721 harness adapter, but it DOES NOT have the Amplifier Turn on wire. Is the amp auto powered when there is a signal? There are only 14 wires coming, not 15 like in the diagram.

2) I have a left and right subwoofer RCA input on my head unit. How I connect it to the mono-subwoofer inputs? (just the left?)

edit: one more question

3) Does the PAC RCA to Line Level Adapter go in between the speaker +/- and the RCA plugs on the left side of the diagram?
Eward is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2003, 08:03 AM   #5
mike1007

1. The Power Antenna lead is also the Amplifier Turn On. I had the same problem where the speakers came on only when I was in Tuner mode. I then connected the Element's Power Antenna to the Amplifier Turn On of my new head unit.

2. You mean left and right subwoofer OUTPUT right? I just connected mine to the left and seems to be working fine.

System:
Clarion ProAudio VRX935VD DVD/MP3 Receiver/7" LCD Monitor (sound processor under driver's seat)
Infinity Kappa 6.1 components (rear)
Rockford Fosgate Punch 801X 4 Channel Amplifier (under driver's side rear seat)
Existing Element's Front speakers and subwoofer.

Mike
mike1007 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2003, 12:42 PM   #6
brendan
EOC Rank: Iron

Send a message via AIM to brendan
eMass,

Do you happen to know if the OEM unit has a mute-wire?

-brendan
brendan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2003, 05:16 PM   #7
brendan

emass -

Three areas of concern:

1. The picture of the Metra 70-1721 on your diagram doesn't match mine. Is that the same part, or not?

Other than it being black (mine's white), the harness having an outer positive locking assembly (mine doesn't), it seems like the business end is exactly the same, but the wiring indicates it was *mirror image* flipped (like someone imaged a negative that was layed down on the wrong side).

Also, mine seems to be missing the amplifier turn on wire, all the rest are there. Is that needed?

2. The subwoofer (red/blue, red/white) cables: are those on the same harness, or elsewhere?

3. Related: on element-j's headunit page (http://www.re-vision.com/element-j/head_unit.html), the blue plug is what we connect the 70-1721 into, yes? The white/black plug is, I assume, the aux socket plug, yes? But what's the green plug for??? Wait a sec, it matches the color of the socket at the amp. ugh, i think my assumptions are all wrong. :(

thanks for any help you can give...

-brendan
Valley Hitch/Softride 4-bike rack/Weatherflectors/Cloud Riders/Lots of dirt
Old 11-14-2003, 10:09 AM   #8
eMass

The pictures are for illustration only and do not represent the actual harnesses. The wiring diagram colors should match the diagram although it's always safer to match the functions - not the colors.

I believe he amplifier turn on wire for the Element is actually the antenna lead. If there's nothing to conenct the amp turn on to then don't.

The subwoofer cables should be on the same harness.

The harness plugs are all keyed so that you can't plug something else into it. It will all be much clearer to you when you take things apart and look at them although the guide above is no substitute for professional assistance from your local car stereo shop! :)
Old 11-14-2003, 10:35 AM   #9
brendan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMass
The pictures are for illustration only and do not represent the actual harnesses. The wiring diagram colors should match the diagram although it's always safer to match the functions - not the colors.
Ok, good.

Quote:
I believe he amplifier turn on wire for the Element is actually the antenna lead. If there's nothing to conenct the amp turn on to then don't.
Ok, I'll keep that in mind, and be prepared to do some last minute rewiring for that at the car.

Quote:
The subwoofer cables should be on the same harness.
Oh. Huh. The 70-1721 I have doesn't have enough wires to carry a separate subwoofer channel. Great.

Quote:
The harness plugs are all keyed so that you can't plug something else into it. It will all be much clearer to you when you take things apart and look at them although the guide above is no substitute for professional assistance from your local car stereo shop! :)
Ok, no guarantee, I understand. :)

One last question:

What's the green plug going into the stock EX headunit shown on Element-J's site? The larger white one is what I plug the 70-1721 into. I assumed the smaller white was the aux-in connector. That still leaves a bunch of leads on the green connector un-accounted for...

thanks again, emass,
-brendan
Valley Hitch/Softride 4-bike rack/Weatherflectors/Cloud Riders/Lots of dirt
Old 12-08-2003, 09:52 PM   #10
BlackBurn
2004 4WD EX AT
Shoreline Mist Metallic (SMM)

Send a message via MSN to BlackBurn
u got a stock amp wiring diagram?
BlackBurn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Tags
amplifier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.