Do I HAVE to get my oil changed at the dealer to keep my warranty intact? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
kevs
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Do I HAVE to get my oil changed at the dealer to keep my warranty intact?

Just as my title states, do I have to go to the dealer to get an oil change so that my factory warranty won't be jeopardized?

I can't remember the last time I got something done at the dealer...

I've gone about 7500 miles and my MPG is drastically dropping. I haven't changed the oil yet, but I don't know how Honda recommends every 10K! Or maybe we're just not used to it? I have no clue, but I'm going this week (dealer or not) to get my oil changed...

Any insight on breaching/keeping warranty is welcomed. Thanks in advance!
kevs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
PVR
EOC Rank: Iron
2004 4WD EX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

No you do not have to get ANY maintenance done at the dealer to maintain your warranty. I would, however, make sure you use Honda replacement parts when the time comes (as well as Honda transmission fluids etc for which there are no aftermarket formulations).

Just make sure you do all the required maintenance and keep good records.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
spdrcr5
Administrator
2003 4WD EXS AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Send a message via AIM to spdrcr5
So long as you keep records and receipts that's all that is required for warranty.

EOC FAQ/How To
spdrcr5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #4
kevs
2006 4WD EX-P AT

Fantastic. Thanks everyone! :)
Old 02-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
Hako
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2005 4WD EX AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Owner Link

The best bet is to record all your maintenance on the Honda Owner Link site. You can enter the mileage, what services you had performed, and where you had them done. Then, if you have a warranty issue and take it to your dealer, he can look up your records and see that you did perform the required maintenance.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
sloweddie
2003 4WD EXS MT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

oil changes

Power should not be dropping off. Oil never looses its ability to lubricate, it just gets dirty and contaminated. On my other two cars with synthetic oil the change interval is alot higher but with the E and my late ford ranger using Dino I change the oil every 3500-4000 miles. The ranger went 163k miles with no engine probs. The honda engine is probably engineered at least as well if not better and I would hope to get the same result if I keep up the maintenance. You can get your oil changed almost anywhere and keep the warranty valid. Just keep your receipts.
ed
sloweddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #7
kevs
2006 4WD EX-P AT

I had it done today at Merchant's Tire and watched as the technician performed the oil change. They also use Pennzoil parts, which was pretty nice!

I'm going to record it on the Honda Owner Link site, too.

Regarding the Honda Owner Link site, is there some sort of Promo code I should put in? There's a field there for it.

Thanks!

Last edited by kevs; 02-06-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #8
kevs
2006 4WD EX-P AT

So should I skip the "Promo" code field when I sign up for Owner Link?
Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
nikolausp
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevs View Post
So should I skip the "Promo" code field when I sign up for Owner Link?

Does anybody know the answer to this question? I was gonna register my new Element today, until I saw the Promo-Code field, and wondered what i could put in there......

thanks!
nikolausp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.