Warranty Extension: Main Components of the Occupant Position Detection System - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Recalls, TSB's and Notices

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
Sparman
EOC Rank: Oxygen
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Warranty Extension: Main Components of the Occupant Position Detection System

I received a warranty extension notice today from Honda.

It reads:

Summer 2007

Dear Honda Owner:

As part of our commitment to vehicle safety, your Honda has several features that help protect you and your passengers. One of these features is the occupant position detection system (OPDS). Although we do not encourage young children to ride in the front seat, the OPDS reduces their risk of injury from an inflating side airbag by turning off the airbag if they are out of position and leaning toward the door.

Warranty Extension Details

To ensure the OPDS remains in top condition, we are extending the warranty on the main components of the system, the OPDS control unit and the OPDS sensor, to 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

If the red supplemental restraint system (SRS) indicator on the instrument panel stays on, take your vehicle to any Honda dealer for an inspection. If there is a problem with the OPDS control unit or OPDS sensor, and your vehicle is within the extended warranty time/mileage period, the dealer will replace the control unito or the sensor, free of charge. The inspection is also free of charge, even if there is not a problem with the OPDS control unit or sensor and your vehicle is within the warranty time/mileage period. Other components of the OPDS and SRS are covered by your vehicle's normal warranty.

It goes on from there but that is the jist.
Sparman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
jason713
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

verification

Can you verify this some how? I haven't seen this and i can't find a press release from Honda anywhere. Please, anything you can give me or anywhere you can point me? Forward the email? Thank you for anything you can do for me.
jason713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
lizzurd
I'LL Be Back......Maybe..
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Neutron Blue Metallic (NBM)

The only reference i have found to this is for certain years of

CRV Pilot Odyssey and Accord....I cant not find anything related to the E.
lizzurd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2007, 01:32 AM   #4
wastedonanime
EOC Rank: Carbon
2006 4WD EX-P MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Send a message via AIM to wastedonanime
My E just started having this problem starting about a month ago. More recently, the problem is occurring everyday. It only seems to happen after someone sits in the seat (drive my coworkers everyday to where ever we go for lunch) and usually a few 'love taps' to the seat makes it go away. It's getting kind of annoying though. I'm going to see if they will inspect/replace it under warranty. If not, I'll probably just do it myself..

"The Black Sheep"

2006 EX-P "SC-X" Project
[OEM Accessories : SC Part Swaps : Performance & Handling : 1800w Audio/Video System : DIY Modifications]

Thinking about HID's? Consider an SC Front End Conversion for HID-required projector headlights.
wastedonanime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Recalls, TSB's and Notices

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.