2006 Element wiring harness - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Racks, Hitches & Towing

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
SteveB
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

2006 Element wiring harness

Hi, new guy here. I have read past posts and still have a question.
I just installed a Hidden Hitch, very easy. Then I attempted to install a 3rd party 4 wire harness as all the sites I viewed said there was no harness for the 2006 Element. After spending too much time taking the vehicle apart and nothing looked like the instructions, I noticed in the spare wheel well a wiring connection that looks like a towing connection. Of course it is, but I never could find anything about it until I called Honda. They can provide a harness for $168.
My question is, is there a 3rd party solution or just best to bite the bullet and pay Honda?

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
lizzurd
I'LL Be Back......Maybe..
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Neutron Blue Metallic (NBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
Hi, new guy here. I have read past posts and still have a question.
I just installed a Hidden Hitch, very easy. Then I attempted to install a 3rd party 4 wire harness as all the sites I viewed said there was no harness for the 2006 Element. After spending too much time taking the vehicle apart and nothing looked like the instructions, I noticed in the spare wheel well a wiring connection that looks like a towing connection. Of course it is, but I never could find anything about it until I called Honda. They can provide a harness for $168.
My question is, is there a 3rd party solution or just best to bite the bullet and pay Honda?

Thanks,
You cab but one of these and splice it in to your E's harness....something im not a fan of.

http://www.etrailer.com/c-ELEB.htm

Or you can you go to H&A's website and get the proper Honda harness for $120.00.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/elementext.html
lizzurd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
SteveB

Thanks, I'll order the real thing. Couldn't even find the right color wires to tap into with e-trailer harness.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
goosler
EOC Rank: Carbon
2006 2WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Send a message via AIM to goosler Send a message via Yahoo to goosler
steveb, I just installed the same setup in my 06, if you need any help or advice to save yourself time or greif, feel free to pm me for tips..... Pat
goosler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
passmoregas23
2006 2WD LX MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Goosler...I sent you a PM

Thanks
Steve
passmoregas23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
hickok45
EOC Rank: Helium
2006 4WD EXS
Rallye Red (RR)

I'm thinking of buying a small trailer (not sure what size yet). I already installed a 2" hitch years ago on my 2006 for bicycle racks mostly.

So, all I'd need to do is buy the harness from HOnda, even though it "ain't" cheap, and plug it in to the wiring in my spare tire space and then into whatever trailer I purchase?

Thanks,
Old 06-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
Harv-E
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickok45 View Post
I'm thinking of buying a small trailer (not sure what size yet). I already installed a 2" hitch years ago on my 2006 for bicycle racks mostly.

So, all I'd need to do is buy the harness from HOnda, even though it "ain't" cheap, and plug it in to the wiring in my spare tire space and then into whatever trailer I purchase?

Thanks,
Any result from this? Apparently my '06 Canadian spec is the same, and the dealer is selling the harness for only $60.
Harv-E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 12:31 PM   #8
vtzdriver
EOC Rank: Helium
2006 4WD EX
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

the Honda harness for 2006 also includes components to install up front- including an extra fuse, to bump power to the light circuit when trailer lights are plugged in- thus the cost.
vtzdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Racks, Hitches & Towing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.