Third Row Seating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
vacowtipper
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

Third Row Seating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that someone has already brought this up before. They probably got yelled at and told to go buy a Pilot. But still, I want Honda to build me an Elelent with third row. A lil longer, a lil wider, two forward facing jump seats like the LR7 and still some luggage room in the back. I got kid number 3 on the way and I do not want to buy a bigger Suv or a $#@@ minivan. I drive 60-90 miles a day and need something with decet mileage like the element.

I saw some website that makes third row jump seats for the Element for like 400 a piece. http://www.littleseats.com/honda_element.htm

This might be my only option till Honda reads this and builds one mean minivan killer. :rolleyes:
vacowtipper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
spdrcr5
Administrator
2003 4WD EXS AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Send a message via AIM to spdrcr5
This has been discussed to death... it will never happen that Honda will offer the Element with a third row. The CR-V doesn't have one so the Element will never have one. Besides, there isn't any room to safely put in a third row, even aftermarket. The back of the Element is a crumple zone so there isn't any possible way to keep someone alive in the event of a rear end collision.

I won't tell you to go buy a Pilot, but it doesn't sound as though the Element is for you if you require seating for more than 4 passengers...

EOC FAQ/How To
spdrcr5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
remilk
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2006 2WD EX-P AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

I Do NOT Want 3rd Row Seating

I do not want 3rd row seating in the Element. It will make the Element too long.

Why would Honda want a minivan killer? The Odyssey is Honda's minivan.

Bob
remilk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
Gritsbay
EOC Rank: Helium
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

I gotcha....you love the Element and don't want to part with it, so you have a few things you wish were available so you can keep it. Thought... if you drive 60-90 miles per day, I doubt that you are dragging the other 2 kids along. So, I propose keeping the Element for you and then buying a bigger
2nd car or minivan for the kid's safety. See?.....The best of both worlds.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
bh241
EOC Rank: Iron
2006 4WD EX-P AT

I have to agree w/ Larry. There is no way to add that seat safely in an element. The area is a 'crush zone' designed to crush and absorb the forces of a rear end collision.

For the life of me I cannot understand how any company could sell something like that and not disclose that it is a death trap.

bh241 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
spdrcr5
Administrator
2003 4WD EXS AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Send a message via AIM to spdrcr5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh241 View Post
I have to agree w/ Larry. There is no way to add that seat safely in an element. The area is a 'crush zone' designed to crush and absorb the forces of a rear end collision.

For the life of me I cannot understand how any company could sell something like that and not disclose that it is a death trap.

Something that many people don't realize either is... the spare tire is actually an incremental part of the crumple zone! If that tire isn't in place then the intrusion from a rear end collision could possibly enter the back seat area! Forget about a third row being in danger, the middle of the Element possibly could be.

EOC FAQ/How To
spdrcr5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
RobfromLI
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2006 4WD EX-P AT

i looked at some of those jumpseats you showed firsthand, and i would not do it.

the E is a 4 person vehicle.

the JDM [you gotta do a search] seats that make it a 5 seater would be a sweet, and usable mod. i would buy the 3 seat rear in a second!!

2006 Alabaster Silver Metallic EX-P AWD A/T kids, dog, dirt and fur.
RobfromLI is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
Rocket Dog
EOC Rank: Nitrogen
2004 4WD LX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Stick a fork in this thread, its done baby. :cool:

Rocket Dog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2007, 11:41 AM   #9
gisele
EOC Rank: Nitrogen
2005 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Yes you need a minivan. Love your E for what it is and get a second vehicle to meet your other needs/wishes (if that's an option).

Third row seat...NEVER! I need the cargo space. I drive my E with one back seat permanently removed and the other permanently flipped up (it's just there in case I need to carry a third human).

My E came with arm rests, electronic locks, keyless entry, cruise control, tail pipe finisher, wheel locks, mud flaps. Added locking gas cap, bug deflector. Stickers: realtime 4WD (on E when I bought it); I added the EOC sticker in chrome. Home Depot grill mod...thanks werD & STU E ~ E-ple rock!
gisele is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #10
PVR
EOC Rank: Iron
2004 4WD EX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Yup, it's minivan time I fear.
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Dear Honda: (Feedback Forum)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.