Honda Element Owners Club banner

installing keyless entry with remote start

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Eww-an E 
#1 ·
So I'm finally getting around to using one of my Christmas presents. My wife got this for me to play with. It's a kit that I first had to put together, I love that kind of stuff, then figure out what I could do with it. So far I can lock, unlock, start and kill. The install is still kinda rough while I work out the bugs but hey... that's all the fun. I tapped into the ign wires at the top of the multiplex unit and ran them down to that connector strip to wire in the relays. The lock/unlock wires were on the back of the unit and I ran them straight to the relays on the circuit board. Now I just need to come up with six more things I want to control with the remote.

Pierre

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
WOW, I can't even fathom tinkering with anything on my E at the level you are... That's just freaking incredible.
As for other functions, I would suggest AC, Defrost (it can help with clearing the rear window on high humidity fogged windows), Windows (Down and Up), Horn maybe? (To ease finding it in busy parking lots).
Other than that I can't think of anything else.
Kudos on the cool project though. Love to see a video of it in use.

#4 ·
The horn is definitely on the list. The only window I could control is the drivers side cause of the auto up/down feature. If I tried to do the pass window I'd have to hold the button down so long the remote would change modes from momentary to latching and I'd end up frying the window motor. With the heat and a/c I'm trying to get into the habit of leaving them at the settings I'll want them to be at the next time I start up. The weathers been so nice around here lately I haven't needed either.

I was trying to do a video last night after work, but it got dark too fast. I'll try again soon. Probably after daylight savings time changes.

Not to worry Americonium I will definitely protect the hot spots. What I really need to do is make a cover for the receiver, I don't know if you noticed but right now it's only held up there with zip ties. What can I say, it's a project.

cheers
Pierre

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.