HOW MUCH $$ does the famous TWO TONE PAINT JOB cost? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
BruceHardcore
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

HOW MUCH $$ does the famous TWO TONE PAINT JOB cost?

I've been trying to find this everywhere but I reallly want a two tone paint job on my element and I need to know how much it would cost. I've seen so many people with it so someone HAS to know.

ps: I also have a silver 03 with the plastic bumpers and would need them painted as well. Im thinking black top with a red bottom.

thanks!
BruceHardcore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
spoonido
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2008 2WD EX MT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

I once had a black and blue bottom.:D
spoonido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
dparrothead1
EOC Rank: Carbon
2004 2WD LX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonido View Post
I once had a black and blue bottom.:D
In to spanking????????
Old 03-31-2008, 04:53 PM   #4
wastedonanime
2006 4WD EX-P MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Send a message via AIM to wastedonanime
Hmm, well I've heard 2000 for a 'cheap' MAACO paint job. Recently I had my SC front bumper painted for 540 cash so I would imagine the whole thing would cost around 3 to 4 thousand depending on where you go. Then again, I live in a fairly expensive area so anything is more costly.

"The Black Sheep"

2006 EX-P "SC-X" Project
[OEM Accessories : SC Part Swaps : Performance & Handling : 1800w Audio/Video System : DIY Modifications]

Thinking about HID's? Consider an SC Front End Conversion for HID-required projector headlights.
wastedonanime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
King of Canada
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2006 2WD EX-P AT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

I don't imagine it would be as much if you kept your lower color. I always thought a black top on my Kiwi would look great.
07 Grille with Painted Emblem, Cleared/Blacked Headlights, Engine Covers, HVAC, Vent/Gauge Covers, Window/RV mirror covers, Bug Deflector, Clear Side Markers, Screw Aerodynamics Decal, EOC Decal, i-vtec Decals, 12" EOC Pirate Decal

Cargo Cover, Blinglights White Angel Eye Driving Lights, 16" Enkei Wheels, In-Channel Vent Visors, Nighthawk Black Pearl OEM Spoiler, OEM Seatcovers, Blinglights CAI, Mirror Turn signals, and Hella Headlights, Yak Rack with Fairing and Skull End Caps
King of Canada is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
OTG
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

You need to go get estimates locally and not ask online.

With that said, a full color change is $5,000-10,000. Just to paint the top half black is $1000-2000.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
BlueWillow
EOC Rank: Helium
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Well, I just recent had mine done. My husband did it at his shop so my cost was only for materials and stall time, but if his shop at done it, it would have been around $3,200. Mine was a candy rootbeer over the existing tangerine, with some copper metal flake added, so it's actually a custom color. The hand painted pin stripe would have been a few hundred more, so finally cost would have been right around $3,500. Depending on where you live, I'm sure you'll find some places that will do it cheaper and some places that will charge more. I'd do some comparison shopping if you're really interested. A lot will depend on the kind of paint you choose. Mine, for instance is a candy color, and there's 4-5 layers of candy and several coats of clear.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by BlueWillow; 04-12-2008 at 09:32 PM.
BlueWillow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.