2007 100,000 mile service? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #1
wadecool
EOC Rank: Helium

2007 100,000 mile service?

I have 103,000 miles on my 07 E and am wondering what maintenance should be done. I've been changing the oil every 3000 miles. I've given up trying to decifer those maintenance codes. Any help is appreciated.
01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins Diesel 5spd
4 1/2inch straight pipe exhaust, K&N high flow air filter, Superchips tuner, 400hp/700lbs tq
33inch Maxxis Buckshot mudders
wadecool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
ramblerdan
Semiretirederator
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

You could follow the 2006 schedule.

Last edited by ramblerdan; 06-08-2008 at 05:10 PM.
ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
Alaskan_Toaster
Premium Member
2007 4WD EX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Geez, and I thought turning over 20k on mine today was a lot.....

Since you do that much driving, might suggest changing your oil less often (you're on the highway most, right?), using synthetic oil with a GOOD filter. Not trying to insult your intelligence or maintenance (preventive maintenance is ALWAYS a good thing), I'm just thinking about how much you're spending.....
5-7K miles between OCs should be more than plenty, again, based on your mileage.... :rolleyes::):D

You should be in the million mile club by, what, 2015??!!

Today is the oldest you've ever been, yet the youngest you'll ever be, so enjoy this day while it lasts.
Alaskan_Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
wadecool

I don't have a 2006 service schedule. I don't pay myself since its a company car and I have a valvoline fleet card for any maintenance they provide. I drive it pretty hard, so I want to take care of the servicing schedule, such as tranny, differential service, etc. Any advice is appreciated.
01 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins Diesel 5spd
4 1/2inch straight pipe exhaust, K&N high flow air filter, Superchips tuner, 400hp/700lbs tq
33inch Maxxis Buckshot mudders
wadecool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
ramblerdan
Semiretirederator
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadecool View Post
I don't have a 2006 service schedule.
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...606MAINIXA.pdf
Old 09-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
tnjman
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2005 4WD DX AT
Rallye Red (RR)

RamblerDan - your link does NOT work!

FYI, the link you left leads ONLY to "page #1" of the PDF, it does not lead to the entire document.
tnjman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
tnjman
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2005 4WD DX AT
Rallye Red (RR)

Regards 2005 Element 100k maintenance

I am almost at 100k, and I keep getting these notices - one says $600-ish for the dealer to do the 100k maint - which seems to include changing the timing belt - is that needed - or??

So, if these Elements are like the Mazda, they have the 'plastic-like' timing belt vs. ye olde tried and true 'timing chain,' and it has to be changed about every 120k miles. In the guides so far, I find NOTHING about recommended changing of "timing belt."

ALSO: Conventional wisdom ALWAYS has held that you DO NOT change the transmission fluid, UNLESS you have some issue or problem, or you know for a fact that it has gotten dirty. It is a 'sealed system' - and in the old days, some folks lived by "Change tranny fluid every 100k!"

With the newer engines, etc., about 10 years ago, I was told "NEVER change tranny fluid (in an automatic) unless there is a problem."

Has that changed? Is there any real benefit? I suppose, like with regular oil, the tranny fluid can lose some of its... viscosity and effectiveness as a lubricant?

Yes, I am a conservative driver. Have not flipped the 100k yet.

The index page that RamblerDan sent the link for, well, it did not allow any of it's own "index page links" to work, so it basically only allowed me to view the index page itself.

BUT I CONFIRMED IT IS A Firefox problem, so

My apologies to RamblerDan.

If you use IE to go to the link that RamblerDan provided, then the index page links in the PDF work just fine. I shall make a note of that.

BUT, due to the freaking way that this PDF rendering of the Owner's guide works with BOTH IE & Firefox, basically it allows ONLY a few pages to be viewed at a time! SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!? Guys, ladies, folks, HOW do we download the ENTIRE Element Owner's Manual in PDF form?

Using the link RamdlerDan sent, I can download only "one section at a time," which is a HUGE waste of time.

Thanks!
tnjman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #8
chelement3
2008 4WD EX MT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Disregard. I didn't read the next post.
Honda OEM: mud guards, bug deflector, rubber floor mats, fog lights, cargo tray, rear bumper trim, painted side steps, center console cooler. Non-OEM: debadged, black front grill, keyhole covers, front lower grill, body-colored front emblem. EOC decal and license plate frame, painted engine/valve covers.

Last edited by chelement3; 09-05-2011 at 06:27 PM.
chelement3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
desinia
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjman View Post
The index page that RamblerDan sent the link for, well, it did not allow any of it's own "index page links" to work, so it basically only allowed me to view the index page itself.

BUT I CONFIRMED IT IS A Firefox problem, so

My apologies to RamblerDan.

If you use IE to go to the link that RamblerDan provided, then the index page links in the PDF work just fine. I shall make a note of that.

BUT, due to the freaking way that this PDF rendering of the Owner's guide works with BOTH IE & Firefox, basically it allows ONLY a few pages to be viewed at a time! SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!? Guys, ladies, folks, HOW do we download the ENTIRE Element Owner's Manual in PDF form?

Using the link RamdlerDan sent, I can download only "one section at a time," which is a HUGE waste of time.

Thanks!
Oooch! It must be a problem with one of those new flaky versions of Firefox then 'cause that's what I use and all the links are functional.

If you can't find the manual in one, giant, easy to download file, you can either download each link separately by right clicking (Um, I forgot. Find out what's wrong with your copy of Firefox first) or use any freeware web sucking program to pull all of it.

It's the night of the blood moon.
Did you get your taxes filed?
desinia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #10
ramblerdan
Semiretirederator
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Or you can buy a paper copy from Helm Inc.

As for the online version, personally I think it's awfully nice of techinfo.honda.com to provide it for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.