STOLEN 08 element - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
jessiemelrose
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD EX AT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Unhappy STOLEN 08 element

I'm new to the site, and I had a kiwi metallic '08 element. I live in a good neighborhood of Tucson, Arizona, and on Monday morning I woke up to my car being gone from in front of my house.

They didn't even have to break a window to get in. No alarms went off, and my dogs didn't even bark at them.

After talking to the dealers around town, I found out that the elements don't come with alarms!

Be careful! Get gap insurance, and if you have a garage, keep your car in it!
jessiemelrose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
mkh
EOC Rank: Carbon
2008 4WD LX AT
Kiwi Metallic (KM)

Okay, no broken glass, no noise (no valet key in the glove box???) .... pro's.

Hondas come with a security feature - the engine will not start without the individual code signal from YOUR key(s) being in the ignition. Can't be hot-wired, can't use a knock-off cut key. Has to have the individually programmed chip in the key coded for just THAT vehicle sending the ok signal.

So it was either towed/pushed away, or someone at your Dealership is involved -'cause they had a key.

Had this happening in El Paso a few years ago. Someone would buy a new vehicle, and a few days/weeks later it would vanish. Cops found out a prep mechanic at the Dealership was taking down the purchaser address info, ordering a duplicate-pre-coded key from the factory for those cars (which only Dealerships can do), and selling the keys and info to a ring of car thieves. In fact for a while, the thieves were placing "orders" for what they wanted to steal with the guy. :mad:

Cops got wise after noticing a LOT of new cars coming from one Dealership were being reported stolen, started investigatiing at the Dealership, found all the "lost key" orders, and tracked them to this one mechanic.

Last edited by mkh; 12-12-2008 at 02:18 PM.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
tangerine07lx
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 2WD LX MT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Send a message via AIM to tangerine07lx
did you just buy your E? if so i would go after the dealership.ive heard some shady storys about chapman honda, so if you bought your E there my suspicion would lie with them. like others have said, it was either a inside job or you got nabbed by pros with a tow truck.

Last edited by tangerine07lx; 12-12-2008 at 02:59 PM.
tangerine07lx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
GaryS
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD LX MT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Did you miss a payment? It sounds like a repo job to me.

Quote:
Hondas come with a security feature - the engine will not start without the individual code signal from YOUR key(s) being in the ignition. Can't be hot-wired, can't use a knock-off cut key. Has to have the individually programmed chip in the key coded for just THAT vehicle sending the ok signal.

So it was either towed/pushed away, or someone at your Dealership is involved -'cause they had a key.
GaryS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
Jojo
EOC Rank: Nitrogen
2003 4WD EXS AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Did you miss a payment? It sounds like a repo job to me.
Interesting....
When my son kiddo went to buy his E, I went with him to co-sign.
We filled out paperwork there to get the payment deducted from his bank account automatically.
1 month later I got a call from the finance company saying payment wasn't made. I called him and he called the bank, dealership and finance company. everyone placed the blame on everyone else.
We got it settled real quick.
The wise man can pick up a grain of sand and envision a whole universe, but the stupid man will lay down in some seaweed and roll around until he's covered in it then stand up and yell "Hey I'm Vine Man!".
Jojo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #6
Twilightzero
EOC Rank: Sulfur
2007 4WD LX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

That sux but I agree something smells funny here. Keep us posted, I have nothing else to add to what's above :D

"Always use protection, be it latex or legal"
-Twilightzero

Join Cap'n Twirate's EOC Bucanneers!

Mods: ASA JS6 rims, Nokian WR-SUV tires, DIY roof rack, DIY Dog Platform, Curt Class III trailer hitch, Char Griller Super Pro Trailer Hitch Grill, Infinity 6022si Speakers, Shen's Side Marker Turn Signals, Leather shift boot, K&N filter, RoadRunner 34/78 Monster Battery, Home Depot Grill
Twilightzero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
jdiane
2007 4WD LX AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

did your dealer TELL you your e came with a OEM alarm?
This is prob only the 4-5 time I've heard of a stolen e...

Other car: 1999 Acura Integra 150000 miles

jdiane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
Twilightzero
EOC Rank: Sulfur
2007 4WD LX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiane View Post
did your dealer TELL you your e came with a OEM alarm?
This is prob only the 4-5 time I've heard of a stolen e...
The engine & drivetrain can sell for a pretty penny, that's probably mostly what they want. Though they do make rather conspicuous getaways...:rolleyes:

"Always use protection, be it latex or legal"
-Twilightzero

Join Cap'n Twirate's EOC Bucanneers!

Mods: ASA JS6 rims, Nokian WR-SUV tires, DIY roof rack, DIY Dog Platform, Curt Class III trailer hitch, Char Griller Super Pro Trailer Hitch Grill, Infinity 6022si Speakers, Shen's Side Marker Turn Signals, Leather shift boot, K&N filter, RoadRunner 34/78 Monster Battery, Home Depot Grill
Twilightzero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #9
abulevan
EOC Rank: Carbon
2005 2WD LX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Send a message via AIM to abulevan Send a message via Yahoo to abulevan
yep. elements r very easy to steal. just look at the door lock. it is pretty easy to steal some panels off elements too. knowing how the element is built just allows u to see how easily people can take parts if not all away from u.

abulevan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
jdiane
2007 4WD LX AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

but how many people WANT an e? Honda only sells maybe 2k of them a month, not like the hundreds of thousands of civics and accords. It's not like you can pop the panels and put them on a cr-v. Thieves want my 91 accord more than my e--hotwiring is easier than towing.

Other car: 1999 Acura Integra 150000 miles

jdiane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Tags
stolen , theft

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.