Honda Element Owners Club banner

2009 Aliner camper for our "E"

39K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  UP&ATOM 
#1 ·
After two years of shopping, we finally purchased a new Aliner Alite popup a-frame camper on Saturday.

Think "queen size bed with wheels".:D

At only 415lbs, we think the Alite is going to be perfect for our style of camping. The dealership tricks out their campers with power hook ups, an ac/dc inverter, interior lights, a whisper fan, stabilizing jacks and a large front-end storage box.

Hat's off to the crew at Sandhills RV Superstore in Sanford, NC - especially Lisa, Eric and owner Tammy Rausch - what a great group of folks! They made our three-hour drive from Wrightsville Beach worth the trip.

Here's a little video of Kat setting up the Alite for the very first time - with a little coaching from Lisa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1RjA-gRaj8 - Aliner's motto is "Ready-Set-Camp" and they aren't kidding. After a few tries, we had Jager's new "dog house" up and running in less than 40 seconds.

As for towing, I had to keep looking back on the way home to remind myself the camper was behind the Element - never even felt it!

As soon as the sleet stops here at the beach, we'll shoot and post some interior photos.

Cheers!

Jamie and Kat

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Congrats, that's the same model I'm trying to convince my wife that WE need.
I'll use your pics to show her the advantages to having one.
BTW - When you do post the interior pics, show us the packing space. I've been curious how much storage they have.

#9 ·
Oh, it's the perfect size for Boomer - but just Boomer. You'll be outside on the ground! :p

We'll get some interior photos posted eventually (sleeping area, storage - well, that's it actually) - it's really getting nasty here at the beach - guess this what they call a "wintry mix".

#7 ·
Exc!! Thanks for the pics.

#8 ·
First let me say we really missed you guys at the meet and eat. Would of love to have you guys there.... but Jager's new house does come first, and which I may say is a beaut. Can't wait to see it. Now when we all go camping again you'll have much more time to help me set up my tent in the dark.:lol::lol:

#10 ·
Folks wanted to see the little tee-pee for the "E" opened for sleeping - here are a couple of photos between the rain showers today.

Jager had no problem adjusting to the new "tent"...

I spent most of the day installing a trickle-charge battery charger, a 12-volt meter and extra power sockets - tomorrow the radio and speakers go in as well as the carpet, shelves and the 42' high definition plasma (ok, just kidding about the plasma)

Attachments

#12 ·
First Camping Trip in the Aliner

Camping in February? At the beach, you betcha!

Our first outing in the new Aliner Alite - Carolina Beach State Park, just south of Wilmington, N.C.

Couple of photos of Jager waiting for us to load the Element - then photos of the campsite. Weather was gorgeous, with temps in the upper 60s all day Sunday after a night of 40s.

Jamie, Kat and Jager

Attachments

#15 ·
Even loaded with all of our gear, you can hardly tell it's there Chick...thru the side mirrors, it's just barely visible - and weight-wise, there's no difference.

Best part about it - the camper is light enough to push. I managed to get it just about where we wanted it at the campground, then we just unhitched it and pushed it up into the site. :D

And no, Jager has had no problems adjusting from tent to trailer - I'm sure he'll learn how to open the door, just like we taught him to unzip the tent fly...

#17 ·
Carolina Beach Camping

A photo of the wife and new camper at Carolina Beach State Park this past weekend (March 7, 2009) - nothing better than 80 degree days and 55 degree nights! Just hope the weather holds out for the 2009 Mid-South Beach Blast!

Tech: Nikon D80 4 secs @ f5.6 800 iso - Used a MagLight to shine a little extra light on the trailer and trophy wife!

Hope to post more soonest!

jamie

Attachments

#20 ·
2009 Aliner Rally, Mt. Pleasants

Well, we were the only Element "e"ople in the crowd, but we had a blast hanging out with the Southeast Coastal Aliner Camping Club last weekend at Mt. Pleasants, S.C.

Enjoy the photos from the trip!

Jager chillin' in the sunshine, Kat checking out an Aliner Alite with the "galley addition", Jim Kerola and Kat in a spankin' new Aliner Scout (note the wooden floors!), lunch at Jack's Cosmic Dogs outside of Charleston -

Attachments

#21 ·
...and a couple more photos from the trip...

Recognize the guy on the left? Yep, Alton Brown. The Element and camper parked outside, holding up the air conditioning unit, the big rig, Jager and Kat

Attachments

#23 ·
Looks like you finally had geat weather!:rolleyes:
Didn't know what to do without the rain and 20 degree wind chill!
:lol:

J-

#25 ·
Mt. Pleasants, SC at US 17 and NC 41 (just north of Charleston and two blocks from the KOA campground)

We had some AWESOME dawgs and killer twice-friend fries. Washed'em all down with a cold RC Cola and a root beer float...

http://www.jackscosmicdogs.com/

Jamie/Kat and Jager

#26 ·
Had a couple PMs regarding more photos from the Aliner event in South Carolina - here's a public Picasa web photo gallery from the 2009 SouthEast Aliner Rally for you to look at! Lots of "E"-sized campers available.

Enjoy!

Jamie, Kat and Jager

#27 ·
Couple of awesome little Aliner Alite campers recently posted on the Aliner Club Owners website - folks are always asking if we ever see this little campers for sale - here ya go!

Jamie

http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/rvguy_2009/

For Sale: 2004 ALITE 400 Expedition - $3599.00. Has electrical package with 12 volt battery and 120 VAC inverter, rear mounted spare tire, roof vent, skylight dome window, roof rack, front storage box Additions included are 12 volt reversible Fantastic Fan, Outside baggage door, Locking front storage box, Awning, Folding Table, 12 volt cooler, Winegard Hideaway TV antenna with signal amplifier, Inside door to access storage area under right side bench seat, Inside porch light switch. Length 9' 6", Width: 5', Head Room: 8' (open at center), Road Height: 3' (folded), Axle Weight: 450 lbs., Hitch Weight: 50 lbs., Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 1000 lbs, Tires and Wheels 12" diameter, 5.30 width, 5 bolt, Torsion Axle Suspension. For pictures see http://s839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/rvguy_2009/

and #2

For Sale: 2007 Ainer Alite 400. Camper is in EXCELLENT condition. Has only been used twice. Options include: fantastic fan, electrical system (2 A/C outlets; one inside, one outside), 12v DC outlet in camper, 12v deep cycle marine battery, front storage compartment, roof rack, and travel toilet. This camper weighs only 450lbs and can be towed by any car or motorcycle (1100cc or larger engine). Camper is priced below NADA value of $4700 (check yourself). This camper sells new for well over $5000 (checkout rvtrader online or Aliner dealers); $3900 is a steal so the price is FIRM. Only cash or cashier's check presented in person will be accepted. I will deliver free of charge to purchaser within a 200 mile radius of Springfield, Virginia (a $100 non-refundable deposit will be required via paypal for this service). Delivery over 200 miles will cost $0.50 per mile over mile #200 using google maps as the authority for mileage. Contact Gary, Springfield Virginia, 703-249-2752, craigslist372009@hotmail.com. More pictures can be seen at www.flickr.com/photos/40206234@N03

www.flickr.com/photos/40206234@N03

#29 ·
Heya kiddies! The Aliner camper and Honda Element adventures continue with a trip thru Georgia and Tennessee to the Southeast Aliner Fall Rally. Stops included Hard Labor Creek State Park in Rutledge, Ga (hands-down one of the prettiest state parks we've ever seen) as well as Rock City and Lookout Mountain. Even got to watch Inglorious Basterds in a drive-in theater up in Trenton, Ga.

Enjoy!

Main Aliner Rally Page on Picasa.

Photos from Rock City and our stop in Georgia.

Jamie

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.