Anyone ever try a shifter kart inside? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
ohheycheckmeout
EOC Rank: Helium
2005 2WD EX AT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

Anyone ever try a shifter kart inside?

Wanted to see if anyone has ever tried to put or has put a shifter kart in the back of their element. It would have to be at a pivot, but I imagine a piece of plywood of some sorts would work to do this... really interested if it could be done-
ohheycheckmeout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
Revhard191
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Send a message via MSN to Revhard191 Send a message via Yahoo to Revhard191
LOL, I thought about putting my Kart in the back of the 09 SC but the wife was not having it. What and where to you race?

I race both with Gatorz Karting and LAKC in the Rotax Masters Class.

I have often wondered who else on the EOC is into racing Karts.

Cheers,

Angel M.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
ohheycheckmeout
2005 2WD EX AT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

Hey Angel,

Just starting to get into karts and want to hopefully pick one up soon. Id most likely race SDKA and LAKA. Not sure what class of kart to get though, so ive been reading a ton and researching.

Wanted to see if I could get it in the element at a pivoted angle so I could actually get there. Would be a great car for the track.

Dan

Old 03-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
Revhard191
2008 SC 2WD 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheycheckmeout View Post
Hey Angel,

Just starting to get into karts and want to hopefully pick one up soon. Id most likely race SDKA and LAKA. Not sure what class of kart to get though, so ive been reading a ton and researching.

Wanted to see if I could get it in the element at a pivoted angle so I could actually get there. Would be a great car for the track.

Dan
Hey Dan,

Yeah, Karting is fun, but very expensive, but better then some other hobbies. I have been racing for the last 5 or 6 years and I look forward to getting back into the seat every time I have the chance to practice or race.

I know of a couple of people our there in your area that race with us out at California Speedway with the LAKC Organization. Do you have a Kart yet? If you are looking for something inexpensive to buy, let me know, I have a Track Magic Chassis I can sell at a really, really good price if you are just looking for something to throw a motor on and drive without spending the $5,000 - $6,000 for a brand new Chassis and depending on the motor, you can spend and additional shinny penny. All in all I have about $18,000 invested between everything from that I have to race competitively.

If you are just looking to have some fun before jumping in with both feet, come by one of these days to watch us race or on a practice day on a Saturday and I might be able to give you a chance to run around in my kart if I have the time.

Feel free to email me any questions you may have with Karting: revhard191@msn.com

Cheers,

Angel :D
Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
ohheycheckmeout
2005 2WD EX AT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

Hey Angel,

Emailing you shortly. Thanks for the help in the first place. I did find out though that if I take off the rear wheels, and side pods, the width of the rear would be roughly just under 42", a perfect fit for the back of the E.

Emailing you now
Old 03-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Revhard191
2008 SC 2WD 5AT

No worries, I received your email and will be responding to it shortly. I completely goofed, I was going to tell you if you take the side pods off and the rear tires you can probably put it in the Element. When I first started I would put the kart, and everything in the back of my Expedition and it fit like a glove.

I will email you with more information shorty.

Angel
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM   #7
ohheycheckmeout
2005 2WD EX AT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

Thanks Angel.

Now that I know it will fit, I'm even more excited about possibly getting one. Going to check out some races though and practice sessions prior.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
prior8t2000
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Send a message via Yahoo to prior8t2000
I just remove the rear tires and it fits just fine.....
With just enough room for a lunch sak....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 SSM I like it Low and Slow, sometimes Fast
2004 White w/Racing Stripes, w/LED lights, Deluxe TearDrop
MODs - SS Ingen CatBk, SS Clear Brake Lines, UHall III, 12" LCD, PS2, 1500invtr, Yellow Top, Ingen Dampner, K&N SRA, A01 filters, OEM fogs, 6000k HID's w/white HALO's, Compl. in/out LED's, 2008 SC Front Seats, 2008 SC Blk Panels, PDL, 18" SC Rims, SC rear air deflector. OEM OPT. Leather Wheel Cover, 80gIPOD, GPS, LOJACK,.
prior8t2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #9
Revhard191
2008 SC 2WD 5AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by prior8t2000 View Post
I just remove the rear tires and it fits just fine.....
With just enough room for a lunch sak....
So there is another Kart racer on the EOC.... :)

Do you race as well or do you just take the kart out to have a good time?

Well if you guys are interested, there is going to be a live Audio and Video feed at this weekend's events.

If you have time on Saturday or Sunday, please check us out at the following address and then click on the live feed video stream and then you will be able to watch us live while we are on the track!

http://gatorzkarting.com/gatorztrackside.html

Feel free to check us out on the web LIVE with LIVE commentating from the world Famous Announcer "Chappy", they will be monitoring the live chat as well and if you have the chance to watch, throw out a shout out for the EOC, I will be sure to tell Chappy to keep his ears open.

Cheers and I hope you enjoy the live feed!

Angel M.

AKA - Revhard191
#47 Birel / Rotax Masters / 2008 Gatorz Karting Club Champion!
Old 03-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
ohheycheckmeout
2005 2WD EX AT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

Ill be watching Angel, kick some a**. Ill email you back when I get a chance-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Interior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.