Bridgestone vs. BF Goodrich - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
SoCalGG
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 2WD EX-P AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Bridgestone vs. BF Goodrich

07 EX... Street driven. Looking for a good tire in a standard size. I've had a bad experience before changing sizes on tires. Every honda bought before this one came with Michelins which are great tires.

The problem is that I don't want or need an offroad tire and LTX M/S seems to be the only one offered in stock size.

So between the Bridgestone Dueler HT (330) and the BF Goodrich Long Trail TA (500+)... which would you get?
SoCalGG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
lizzurd
I'LL Be Back......Maybe..
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Neutron Blue Metallic (NBM)

I am not a fan of B/stone or BFG myself. But i have heard good things about the B/Stone Allenza. I have actually started to stock the Allenza as a replacement to the Deullers on the CRV. Several members are here are using the Allenza.

If you up your tire size to P225/70R16 you will open yourself up to more options in tires.

Here is an old thread i found....There may be newer ones out there.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...ad.php?t=24377
lizzurd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
Buckskincolt
EOC Rank: Helium
2009 4WD EX 5AT
Citrus Fire Metallic (CFM)

Personally I've had awesome luck with BF Goodrich tires. I have no experience with them on an "E". But I've owned several set on 4x4 pickups and passenger cars and never had a complaint.
Buckskincolt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #4
fredmertz
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2006 4WD EX-P MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

BFG has the worst quality control out there. Long Trail is leans to off road.

I recommend Toyo Open Country H/T's

Fred
fredmertz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
millerjerr
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2005 2WD EX AT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

I put a set of BFG Long Trail tires on my 2005 Element EX 2wd about 3 months ago after 47000 + on the stock goodyears. I now have something over 56000 on the car and am perfectly satisfied with them. The handling seems fine and they show very little wear and no uneven wear. I may have reduced the gas mileage a little (perhaps 1 mpg) as the tread pattern is much wider although the size of the tires are the same as the original equipment.
millerjerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Tires, Wheels and Suspensions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.