Allstate Motor Club OR AAA, Which is best? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Club X - Off-Topic Discussions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
adreed24
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

Question Allstate Motor Club OR AAA, Which is best?

I was thinking about joining either "AAA" or the "Allstate Motor Club".

I would like to gather some information regarding which is best, most reliable, easiest to deal with, etc.

Anyone ever been a member of either?

Any comments, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
adreed24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
in2steam
EOC Rank: Helium
2005 4WD LX AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

I am a member of AAA wisconsin but only because my full time employer provides it free of charge. I can provide you feed back on Wisconsin AAA, and I can also tell you as of 2 years ago Allstate contracted with AAA but that may have changed.
Each AAA club is a different state or area so you may want to seek local advise about the service quality.
I work for an Ex AAA towing facility(partime) so I only saw the service end. Wisconsins AAA was bought by another states(michigan) and all there local reps and dispatchers were either fired or moved. We became an EX facility because we were tired of being misrouted and canceled after dispatch. At the end customers were taking out frustrations on us and I heard many stories I did not like. The trend was at the end to hire people(and contract with companies) who were under informed about the operations of many cars and lots of people were getting damage for such simple things as lock outs and jump starts. Your local AAA may be much better, so I don't want to go down this road to far, best bet is to find someone who uses the service alot and ask them. I did run into people on a regular basis who said I have AAA 10 years and never used it, those would not really be the people I would listen to all that much.

AAA does have a bunch of other benefits that allstate does not such as discounts, trip tickets, etc. If you find yourself having alot of bad luck, or traveling alot away from home then its a good thing.

Chris
in2steam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
MikeQBF
Moderatorium
2008 4WD EX-P 6MT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Complete your profile, please. Like Chris said, AAA clubs vary widely from state to state (or in the case of California, north or south), so knowing where you live is important to the answer, and knowing if you have an AWD Element is also important to the answer.

For either AMC or AAA, if you're "joining" (i.e., pre-paying) for the just-in-case access to towing, IMO you are much better off to have a credit card at the ready. Given the vast improvements in vehicle reliability in the past two decades, unless you are prone to running over nails, leaving lights on, or - heaven forbid - ignoring the "check engine" light for weeks, the likelihood of actually taking advantage of the money spent is slim.

Also, be advised that club-based towing service is fraught with fine print. Some towing agreements (varies locally!) will make you pay for a flatbed for your AWD, and all will provide "closest facility" service even if that "closest facility" is the dealer where you just had a knock-down, drag-out shouting match with the service manager.
MikeQBF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
Dom.five
EOC Rank: Nitrogen
2006 4WD EXS AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

We have been members of AAA for years. It has paid for itself in discounts alone when traveling. The maps and books that they provide for free are worth their weight in gold, when you are on unfamiliar turf. They also now provide a free pass port photo service. We just used that for our renewal.

Plus the wife has used it when the Battery on her E died, and I was not in the same state to help her.

It is nice to have " just in case " !

I can't speak to Allstate Motor Club at all. I don't know the scope of the service they provide, or anything about the limitations.

Dom
Home made Grill guard, Blacked out lower front bumper trim,and Grill, Undercoating, Vent-Visors, Bug deflector, EOC Sticker, Honda Floor mats, Honda Wheel locks, Eurotech Engineering Fog lights, Dual tone Horn from a junk Caddie, Oh and the 2.98$ walfart windshield tint strip, that's got to go when EOC puts one out. U-haul hitch with factory Honda harness. Garmin GPSmap276C True, I've been IRV'ed , : Misfits waNNAbe's

We love our E's !! ___ We are A 2 E family !
Dom.five is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
vfxraven19
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 SC 2WD 5MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Send a message via AIM to vfxraven19 Send a message via MSN to vfxraven19
Been with AAA all my life, never have had a problem with them, Top notch customer service, etc.
vfxraven19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 05:22 AM   #6
Speedy Toaster Dave
EOC Rank: Iron
2005 4WD EX AT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

adreed fill out ya profile.. oh and me AAA 35 yrs
Speedy Toaster Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Club X - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.