Help Fault Code P115 - Check Engine Light On...Fuel System Problem? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
onetracker
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 4WD EXS MT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

Help Fault Code P115 - Check Engine Light On...Fuel System Problem?

Yesterday, got gas and the guy topped of my tank; tried to stop him to no avail. One hour later the check engine light came on. Went down to Advance Auto Parts to read the code. Code = Manafacturer Control Fuel Air Metering p115 was the fault code. I am thinking that there is either fuel in the avaporator canister or the gas cap is bad (seems unlikely). Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Bill
onetracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2010, 01:24 AM   #2
kitkat123474
EOC Rank: Carbon
2004 2WD DX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Send a message via MSN to kitkat123474 Send a message via Yahoo to kitkat123474
i'm guessing your fuel cap is bad? replace that to see if it clears

My Mini Build

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt
kitkat123474 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #3
NismoGriff
2004 4WD EXS MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetracker View Post
Yesterday, got gas and the guy topped of my tank; tried to stop him to no avail. One hour later the check engine light came on. Went down to Advance Auto Parts to read the code. Code = Manafacturer Control Fuel Air Metering p115 was the fault code. I am thinking that there is either fuel in the avaporator canister or the gas cap is bad (seems unlikely). Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Bill
Not long after buying my Element used, I was filling up and topped off the tank. Shortly after I got an erratic engine idle and a CEL. I don't remember if that was the exact code I got, but I could make the irratic idle come and go with removing/reinstalling the gas cap. I let the engine run for a while and kept removing/reinstalling the gas cap. It finally smoothed out completely and then I cleared the code. I haven't 'topped' it off since and I have never had the issue again.

It's been a while, but I am pretty sure there are other threads on here discussing similar issues.
AVIC D3 with bluetooth, XM, Ipod cable and rearview camera. Both sat. antennas installed using the hidden antenna method. Sony XM-1S mono amp running a Digital Designs 1508 subwoofer. Honda exhaust finisher. AVS Ventvisors. EP3 shift knob. Shen's sidemarker/turn signal mod, and bh241's Pilot wiper switch mod. SC console. UHaul hitch. OEM Foglights. Lower grill guard. Inside electronic hatch release. Hornet security system with window control module.
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
wipeout97
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Just FYI, the fuel cap is supposed to be replaced every 2yrs or 24 months. Prior to working in a shop I thought this was complete BS but now, however, I've seen and experienced why they recommend this. Any local auto store can help with new fuel caps much cheaper than OEM.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
Honda Tech
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD EX MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetracker View Post
p115 was the fault code.
If the OP would list a valid (ie: complete) DTC, there might be a better resolution to the concern than what will result from the conjecture and outright guessing that is going on in this thread right now.

Were I to guess, the DTC may have been a P1157, which would be an A/F sensor circuit high voltage fault indication

Motorcycle Riding In West by God Virginia (not my site)
Honda Tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #6
onetracker
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 4WD EXS MT
Cargo Khaki (CK)

My OBD II scanner only gave me the p115 code and the previously mentioned description. How can I get additional information?
onetracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
ramblerdan
EOC Rank: Neptunium
2004 4WD EXS MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Honda Tech is right—the codes are four digits. (I don't find any P115x codes, but FWIW there is a P0115, Engine coolant temperature circuit malfunction). Best to try another scanner.
ramblerdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.