Brighter Backup Lights? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
magoosmc
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2006 2WD LX 6MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Brighter Backup Lights?

I've searched the posts, but find nothing on beefing up the backup lights. Maybe it's the dark rear window or my high mileage eyeballs, but I can't see a damn thing when backing at night. (Yes, I checked to see if they work). Would adding brighter bulbs help, or has anyone added auxiliary back up lights? It seems that auxiliary lights could be added by jumping off the existing circuits in some manner. Suggestions, solutions or cornea donors would be appreciated.
magoosmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
CoffeeDragon
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX MT
Rallye Red (RR)

You don't have any off the shelf options other than adding some aux lights to the rear, which some folks have done. If you want to keep the stock light locations and increase the output, check out ramblerdan's mod list for the backup light upgrade.

http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/modifications.htm
2005 EX MT RR, TRS Morimoto H1 BiXenon projector retrofit, amber LED angel eyes, Hella Yellow Star H3 fogs, LED Tail Lights (Mike-Rus Mod), LED Turns and Reverse bulbs, LED dome and map lights, LED suicide door lights, Full Tint, K&N Typhoon Intake, Kenwood KDC-x693 HU, 12" Phoenix Gold Tantrum in sealed box, Phoenix Gold Tantrum 300W, Infinity 6022i fronts, hazard switch replace/relocate

CoffeeDragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
The Loch Box
2005 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Did this mod- What Difference!

Takes about 20 mins- used ramblerdans post as a guide however i used #885 Bulbs.
2-E Owner 2005 EX 4WD SOP/Herculiner on the front clip(will be adding more)Herculiner on the interior tailgate,floor console and sub cover/interior LEDs/back up light conversion to #885 bulbs/driving lights/Sony HU/Grecom 1000 Channel Scanner,Navigon Max GPS/Heavy duty grooved front rotors with ceramic pads/heavy duty rear rotors with ceramic pads/netbook mount/Avon Ranger tires..2005 EX 4WD SSM (Wifes) driving lights/steps/air defelector(all OE)/KumhoSolusTires
The Loch Box is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
The Loch Box
2005 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

2-E Owner 2005 EX 4WD SOP/Herculiner on the front clip(will be adding more)Herculiner on the interior tailgate,floor console and sub cover/interior LEDs/back up light conversion to #885 bulbs/driving lights/Sony HU/Grecom 1000 Channel Scanner,Navigon Max GPS/Heavy duty grooved front rotors with ceramic pads/heavy duty rear rotors with ceramic pads/netbook mount/Avon Ranger tires..2005 EX 4WD SSM (Wifes) driving lights/steps/air defelector(all OE)/KumhoSolusTires
The Loch Box is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
magoosmc
2006 2WD LX 6MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Thanks... Going give it a shot. I've been worried that I will back over my seeing eye dog.
magoosmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
scorsone
EOC Rank: Carbon
2005 4WD EX MT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

That's just wrong

Long live the EOC Buccaneers.
scorsone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Do-It-Yourself / Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.