How to remove highway line paint - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
Metallikov
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 4WD LX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

How to remove highway line paint

Driving on the interstate yesterday, I passed a highway road crew that was re-marking the lines on the highway. Unfortunately, the wind and the glorious aerodynamics of my E combined to enhance my Nighthawk Black Pearl exterior with a fine spray of yellow road paint - dots of paint here and there, mostly on my driver side door and on the plastic trim. Also, the wheels threw all kinds of paint spray over the inside of the wheel wells, but I can probably live with that.

I was able to rub off most of the paint from the plastic panels this morning, but it seems to have adhered a little tighter to the paint on the door. I haven't had a chance to try anything else as I was on the way to the airport. Any advice on the most effective method for removing the paint spray without damaging the underlying paint job would be appreciated.
Metallikov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
Hondamade4dogs
EOC Rank: Neon
2004 2WD EX
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

try turte wax bug remover, or WD40
Old 08-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
Elemental1984
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 4WD EX AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Try using Claybar...its like silly putty but it should take the paint off. I suggest getting wizards mist n shine to lubricate the surface while using the claybar. Also make sure that the area of the car is freshly washed. If you need there should be some videos on youtube showing how to claybar.
Elemental1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
funkytown
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2010 *Former Element owner
Other

Same with me yesterday in town. Road crews were repainting road lines and my tires picked up some white paint. Now there's dots of white on inside of my splash guards, and some splotches of it on outside wall of tire. What will take it off of tires?????
funkytown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
Eight
EOC Rank: Helium
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Clay would be best. It should come off easily if they're tiny specks of paint.
Eight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.