Vibration / grinding up hill - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
10ga
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 4WD EX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Vibration / grinding up hill

Hello, I'm a new Element owner and new to the forum. My wife and I bought a 2003 AWD auto this week and I noticed when we drive up our driveway, which is steep, I hear a vibration / rubbing sound from the front. It only does it at low speed and going up a hill. Any ideas what it may be?

Thanks in advance.
10ga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
tangboy5000
EOC Rank: Helium
2003 4WD EX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Grinding is usually a brake dragging. You said going up your driveway, is it a steep driveway? Just going out on a limb and suggesting you check your transmission fluid level.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
10ga
2003 4WD EX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Yes, my drive is steep. The guy I bought it from maintained it himself so I'm guessing he didn't always do everything you're suppose to. Lucky for me I have a certified Honda Tech across the street from my office. I think I will let him check it out and give it a full check up.

I drive a Land Cruiser and when my wife said she wanted to check out an Element I was thinking OMG. I'll have to admit, I really like it. It feels like it has more room on the inside than my LC. With gas prices on the rise we have decided she will drive the LC to work and I'm going to drive the E since I do a lot more traveling. Don't tell anyone but I'm looking forward to driving it.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
10ga
2003 4WD EX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Problem solved........had the tranny and rear diff fluid changed today and the noise is gone. Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
bigsmokes
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EXS AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ga View Post
Problem solved........had the tranny and rear diff fluid changed today and the noise is gone. Thanks
glad you fixed it...i was going to say change the rear diff fluid...my guess was it was also vibrating on tight u turns...enjoy the car..there awsome rides

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Problems & Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.