2006 Element EXP with 161,000 miles? - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Ask The Dealer

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Labesa
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

2006 Element EXP with 161,000 miles?

My 30 year old daughter has always wanted an Element. We now have a chance to buy a 2006 EXP in immaculate condition inside and out from it's original owner who says he has faithfully had regular maintenance done at the dealership where he bought the car. The car has 161,000 miles on it which is a bit scary. The seller is asking $9500 for the car. I may offer $7500 if, after a pre-purchase inspection at my own Honda dealer there are no deal breakers discovered. I've already called the seller's dealership and the tech I spoke with says the car seems to have been brought in regularly. Seller says heating and air-conditioning "replaced" last spring when he thought he would be keeping the car. Dealer confirmed AC compressor, cooling fan motor and relay, and heater box were replaced. Last complete serving at dealer was at 120K and there were no problems noted that were not done.

Some people I've talked to say that if the car was maintained well it should be no problem getting another 100,000 or more out of the Element with continued good maintenance. I'd like to hear that from you experts out there.

I'm thinking that if I can buy the car for $7500 I could set aside a fund of a couple of thousand dollars to help pay for potential engine or drive train problems over the next couple of years.

Should I buy this car or would it be a foolish move given it's high mileage?

Thanks for your help.
Labesa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Buffy Moon
EOC Rank: Helium
2006 4WD EX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Have you looked at Kelly Blue Book? seems like alot of $$ for lots of miles; though I am not an expert on cars. Mine, same year , is just now hitting 55,000 miles. it's my everyday driver and it's been on a coupla roadtrips....just sayin...

Is your daughter a single parent? drive at night? mechanically inclined? will it be a daily driver or a second car? who will be responsible for it's maintenance, you or her? Driving local only?

As a mother( and grandmother) of a 30 year old daughter these would be my thoughts.

If she's single/no kids, and will mind the maintenance = no problem.

Honda's are very dependable, and I hope to be driving mine for 200,000 +.
These are just my thoughts, others will chime in....probably with better info
Buffy Moon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
Labesa
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Thanks for your input. She's single and a strap on a tool belt sort of a girl. Not afraid to get her hands dirty. She just drove the car an absolutely loves it. Ended up buyin g it for $8,400 contingent upon Honda pre-purchase inspection.

Thanks again.
Labesa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
Buffy Moon
EOC Rank: Helium
2006 4WD EX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Good to hear!! I wish for many miles of fun and adventure for them!! Sounds like a good fit!

I love mine, it's my "escape pod"!
Buffy Moon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Ask The Dealer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.