Honda Element Owners Club banner

Hello from a new Element owner, and first-time Honda owner!

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Shari 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! Just wanted to give a quick introduction and say hello.

As of yesterday morning, I'm the proud owner of a 2008 AWD Element EX. To say I'm happy with it would be an understatement! So far it's everything I wanted, and more.

I've been a loyal Subaru station wagon owner since 1992 (with the exception of a Saturn SW2 that served me well for 108,000 miles), but I've had my eye on an Element since they debuted back in 2003. The style and functionality has always appealed to me. So, when my Subaru Impreza 2.5RS unexpectedly developed engine trouble and needed a rebuild, I sold it to a mechanic and started searching for an Element to replace it.

The Element I ended up with is Honda Certified, had super low milage (only 13,600 miles), and was pristine inside and out. I really feel like I got a brand new car. The only difference is it was about $1600 under KBB "private party" value. I didn't even feel like haggling over the price. Luck was with me!

Only drawback so far is that it only came with one key and remote. I'm kicking myself for not asking about it before I signed the papers. Oh well, if that's the worst part of the deal, I still feel like I made out great. I found matching fobs and transponder key blanks online (allegedly identical FCC IDs / identical transponders) for a fraction of what a dealer would charge, so I hope I did the right thing by buying them. I'll have to figure out where to get the keys cut and programmed.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I look forward to breaking in my new ride over this long weekend!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome!

Let me be the first to welcome you to EOC!

Great site, really fine people, so much information and quality advise.

And the never ending rivalry over who has the best colour!

In the finals, I believe SOP versus NBP.

Yup, the Element is a fine ride, hope you get many years and miles from your vehicle.

Welcome!

#3 · (Edited)
Let me be the first to welcome you to EOC!

Great site, really fine people, so much information and quality advise. And the never ending rivalry over who has the best colour! In the finals, I believe SOP versus NBP. Yup, the Element is a fine ride, hope you get many years and miles from your vehicle.

Welcome!
Hathi...
I guess that's what you "all" can fight about while all us PMMs/GGs slowly take over the world... :035: :eoc:
Twylo, get those pics up so you can get some proper "welcomes" when they're posted... 'Til then have a fun, safe, and happy Memorial Day Weekend...! Oh, you too Hathi...

To those troops/sailors/airwo/men/solidiers, thanks again for your service and this family continually prays for your safe return home...! :food004:

LBD

#4 ·
Welcome to a LOCAL E'er.

Just an FYI, I am 99% sure that if you bought your E at a Honda dealer, and
it is Honda certified, they are supposed to give you 2 keys, 2 remotes and 1
valet key. It's part of what makes it certified. I'm sure someone here on the
forum will confirm or deny that. Maybe you can call Honda of American and
find out. Also, getting the keys to work with your new E will be pricey. The
dealer HAS to add the immobilizer chip of the new keys to your E. They need
a laptop and a computer program to do it. So not only will you pay for the
keys and remotes, and pay to get the keys cut, you will need to pay the
dealer for the programming. Some dealers charge over $100 to do the
programming. I would find out first before you spend all that money and
you didnt have to!!!!

Keep us posted and POST SOME PICS!!!!!!

#5 ·
welcome !!!! on your next visit remember to bring some cookies,brownies & bacon flavored almonds. and you will fit right in.:razz: if you cant spell to good dont worry ,we have some spellen teachers hear too. they like to chew on your butt for miss speling stuff. I have lost almost 40 ponds so far:shock: but I am just playing with them:razz: I'm trying to keep thier minds sharp.it seems to be working, give it a try !!!:razz:

#6 ·
WELCOME, WELCOME, glad to have you aboard!! :roll::razz::razz:

Since the pix thing had been beat to death (oh, maybe not, tho, since NOTHING has been posted.... :| ), I will talk about the MODS that are coming - what have you decided on?? What's first?? fogs, sidesteps.....:twisted:

Since Jojo hasn't seen this, you still have chance to get pix posted (nervously looks over shoulder)......:zombie004::zombie022:

#9 ·
.....she's puuuurdy.....!!!

And marksbug is right. No need to worry 'bout speeelin' someone here will set you straight... :)

#10 ·
Yes, VERY NICE indeed!! :razz::razz:

Another option with the keys is what I did, not liking the remote fob taking up pocket space. I bought the Ridgeline all-in-one remote key and had it programmed for my E. Had for almost two years with no issues (and that's including "lost" in the snow for over a month :-( ). HandA has the key for about $32. Cutting is a few bucks more, but the programming is one "shop hour" ($95, again, here). Yes, it's not cheap (about $150 total), but, again, LOVE the one key option. :razz::razz:

Here's a link to one for sale on fleabay (NOTE: you might have programming issues with "aftermarket" keys, would definitely recommend a Honda original):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=160438842688

#11 ·
Congrats on your new E! Is very nice looking!

I also purchased a Certified 2008 AWD EX AT and new to E's and Honda.

Dealer tried to pull that on me too.. about the keys. Certified cars are supposed to have two master keys, two remotes and a spare key.
If they will not honor that, then talk with American Honda and the State Attorney Generals office. See how fast your Dealer back pedals.

Also find out if your E is under the Recall for the VSA. If it is, make sure this has been done.
Can Type in your Vin here
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/SEO/HondaRecall.asp?recallStatus=NO VIN&recallId1=NO RECALL IDS

Info on the Recall
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recall...earchtype=quicksearch&summary=true&refurl=rss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.