Honda Element To Cease Production - Page 72 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Headlines

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-30-2017, 03:17 AM   #711
Michiganman
EOC Rank: Helium
2004 4WD EX AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacranym View Post
if one already has a boat that's kept in dry storage, a plane that fits well in the hangar and a musical instrument that's never played, it might make sense to add a vehicle that's easy to park, such as a Smart car.
A Smart car makes sense if you live in a city, are commuting/driving within the city, and never exceed 30 mph. (Everyone in that context should probably own or share one.)

I would never regularly drive something like that on freeways. And I used to own motorcycles.
Michiganman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2017, 03:30 AM   #712
Michiganman
EOC Rank: Helium
2004 4WD EX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trathoughts View Post

I'm sure this is mentioned earlier in the thread or somewhere else but I'll post this fun question; what would you add to the 2018 redesign if it ever happened?

I would add more legroom for the driver, reposition the driver's side window so you could comfortably rest your arm on the open window, add a button in the rear to open the rear hatch hatch, make the skylight universal (or an easy option on all models), make the front passenger seat easier to remove, provide a custom bed option for the interior when the rear seats are out, provide a better tent option, provide an awning option for when the suicide doors are open, provide an auxiliary battery option for powering camping appliances and electric blankets, better fridge option, overdrive on all transmissions, make the skylight retractable, provide a mosquito net option for the skylight.
Michiganman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2018, 06:18 PM   #713
garyinboston
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 2WD DX AT

2019 Element the return of this little beauty

Is this true?

Is Honda going to reintroduce the Element?

I was on the internet and for some reason this seemingly real information popped up.

I followed the trail but couldn't get a clear answer as to will it won't it

Since this is THE PALCE to get the real story I've come here to ask.

Is Honda Going To Reintroduce The Element?

Let me know?

Thanks!

Gary
garyinboston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2018, 06:32 PM   #714
lizzurd
Moderator Eh?
2006 *Former Element owner
Neutron Blue Metallic (NBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyinboston View Post
Is this true?

I was on the internet and for some reason this seemingly real information popped up.

Let me know?

Thanks!

Gary
Two words.

No.

The Element is dead.

All the sites reporting it coming back are just click bait.

Last edited by lizzurd; 04-14-2019 at 06:24 PM.
lizzurd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2018, 03:20 PM   #715
TheFunBox
2007 4WD EX-P AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyinboston View Post
Is this true?

Let me know?

Thanks!

Gary
Everytime I receive an Email from my Honda Dealer, or correspondence via USPS asking to buy our Elements. ( Almost every month ) I respond by stating: Appreciate the offer as we have two Elements and love them both. Until such time Honda decides to go back and manufacture the Element, we will not be trading.
TheFunBox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2019, 08:45 AM   #716
Giant Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunBox View Post
Everytime I receive an Email from my Honda Dealer, or correspondence via USPS asking to buy our Elements. ( Almost every month ) I respond by stating: Appreciate the offer as we have two Elements and love them both. Until such time Honda decides to go back and manufacture the Element, we will not be trading.
I recently had the transmission in my 03 rebuilt. AAMCO did the work because my dealer quoted me a cost of $5K to do it. I think they are crooks, but that's another story.

Not long after I got that quote, they contacted me asking if I'd like to trade it in.

So my guess is they are using every tactic in the book to try and grab E's for resale.
Giant Robot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #717
mayday
2009 4WD EX AT
Omni Blue Pearl (OBP)

ya, it stinks that there aren't many true sport UTILITY vehicles being offered out there...at a reasonable price as well. No companies are willing to go out on a limb and create something different. Seems like all mid-sized "SUV"s are just full of electronic gismos, TV screens, automatic everything, cramped interiors with the same seat/doors movements and sleek styling that makes them look like a taller car or a shorter mini-van No suicide doors, tailgates to sit on, open and roomy/tall interior, flat floors, etc...SIGH... Just adding my 2 cents to the wishful thinking that the Element (or something similar) would return!

Hmm, if you could design/build your own car or have one in production that was perfect for you, what would it be like?? Mine would be an element body that was a little bit bigger overall(just to fit plywood and stuff in a little easier), a better 4 wheel drive system(maybe like a subaru drivetrain) and standard transmission...all for less than $20K Did i miss anything?
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 10:24 PM   #718
zebra007
2003 4WD EX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday View Post
Hmm, if you could design/build your own car or have one in production that was perfect for you, what would it be like?? Mine would be an element body that was a little bit bigger overall(just to fit plywood and stuff in a little easier), a better 4 wheel drive system(maybe like a subaru drivetrain) and standard transmission...all for less than $20K Did i miss anything?
Now there's an idea, stretch and widen the Element body and drop it on a full frame 4x4. I was looking at the FJ Cruisers then they discontinued them. Now I'm waiting to see what the new Broncos are going to look like.

Last edited by zebra007; 05-07-2019 at 10:27 PM.
zebra007 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #719
mayday
2009 4WD EX AT
Omni Blue Pearl (OBP)

I was curious about the FJ Cruiser as well when it first came out, but after i got a chance to look inside and sit in it...no way! way to small and cramped on the inside. :/ Yes, it will be interesting to see the new Bronco...not holding my breath though....
Old 05-13-2019, 11:19 AM   #720
mayday
2009 4WD EX AT
Omni Blue Pearl (OBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganman View Post
I would add more legroom for the driver, reposition the driver's side window so you could comfortably rest your arm on the open window, add a button in the rear to open the rear hatch hatch, make the skylight universal (or an easy option on all models), make the front passenger seat easier to remove, provide a custom bed option for the interior when the rear seats are out, provide a better tent option, provide an awning option for when the suicide doors are open, provide an auxiliary battery option for powering camping appliances and electric blankets, better fridge option, overdrive on all transmissions, make the skylight retractable, provide a mosquito net option for the skylight.
AND a lock/unlock button on the passenger side door!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Headlines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in