Honda Element Owners Club banner

Northwest Element meet.

5K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  nstice 
#1 ·
I work at Tonkin Gresham Honda, I have done a couple of car meets at the dealer. I just wanted to get a feeler for how many people would be interested in a summer meet. We already have 7 cars owned by techs.

#5 · (Edited)
I admire you for trying to arrange a local meet nstice. I would gladly join you if I didn't live in the extreme opposite side of the country!

Question: Is there a way that you could get a list of the EOC club members within, say, a 100 mile radius? Maybe contact one of the moderators here.

That would help you get the word out for sure!

I too was thinking of trying it here in FL; but it seems everyone around here is seriously into their retirement! It's tough to get any kind of help!

I'm also into model trains, and ran some very large train meets (filled a 20,000 sq. ft. + hall) but help from our local club members was virtually non-existent!

I wish you well! : - )

#6 ·
I was on civic wagon.com and it took some time to get the guys to come out but we would get around 10 guys out every couple of months. Talked to my boss and he is for a car meet at the dealer so it’s just up to how many show and when. We all ready have at least 7 elements owned by employees.

#9 ·
I think it is a great idea. Obviously Element lovers really love their unique cars and should be proud of them. Plus Honda is bringing back the Element in 2021 sometime, so it would be a great idea, and I don't even own one yet!
Let me tell you all something you've already discovered. For a short SUV (under 16') that easily fits into any garage, it has more rear hatch clearance than any other I could find. Plus those special fold up and away rear seats are not only novel, but very practical. I recently bought an expensive recumbent trike for my PT, but between COVID, Smoke and the hilly neighborhood I now live in, I've not be about to really use it. So in true tail wagging the dog fashion, I'm now searching for a smallish SUV that I can ingress and egress without bending my neck and injuring or inflaming my spinal cord disease, when I found the Element. When I tried one, I found it easier to get in and out of than most other compact SUV's I had tried, but this was the ONLY one that my trike would fit into!
Those fold away seats are another unique piece of engineering, not found anywhere else. My wife is not yet on board, but I'm convinced I could spend $$$ to refirbish almost any Element. Add in lane change mirrors, backup camera, new seat's replace the engine and drivetrain for less money than buy a fancy SUV that I could barely fit in my garage. This car's beauty goes well beyond its skin, which is why you guys never sell them.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Electronics Auto part
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Electronics Auto part

#11 ·
I would like to come if timing works out. It would be a road trip for me (Bay Area CA) but I have people up that way.

#19 ·
Ideas: show and tell; Q and A; opportunity for folks to help each other with repairs or mods. Also something with humor, and maybe storytelling.

#22 ·
Yes do try the Seafoam treatment. Put 5 ounces (as recommended) in your engine oil. Drive it about 500 miles, and change your oil. Use a high grade oil in the recommended weight and a high quality oil filter. (Mine likes Valvoline Synthetic Blend 5W20 and Wix 57356 filter.) Do not use any oil additives.

I can't say 100% for sure, but I think the Seafoam in the oil just one time is what may have fixed my intermittent P2646.

Hope this helps! :)

#23 ·
Ok so July 17th at 10am, the service manager is going to cook. Shops open, parts open. Bring stuff you want to sell. I want to see people’s camp setups, Platforms, overland get ups so on. I also want to make this a yearly meet. I’m also going to see what new parts we can dig up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.