List of speakers that work in the Element - Page 44 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-25-2018, 01:23 AM   #431
marsdriver
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2004 4WD EX AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

Boss CH6530 In Front Doors

The rear speakers in my EX rattle something awful, but upon inspection, all four door speakers had rotting foam surrounds. I drive far less than 100 miles a week, and won't spend a lot for such a small listening space. These speakers provide 100-18,000 Hz, so don't provide a lot of bass; they are 3-way speakers, and do produce crisp highs. Keep in mind that speakers can take up to 100 hours to be fully "broken in", which might result in better sound, and the difference could also be minimal.

These speakers arrived with speaker wire so thin, it's not worth saving. Unfortunately I was not aware of the Honda speaker clips. I started with the passenger door, and cut the clip off the cable inside the door. I made an adapter to fit the speaker and a telegraph splice onto the Honda speaker wire. There are multiple mounting holes on these speakers, but no 3 holes aligned with where the OEM speaker mounted. I placed the OEM speaker front onto the Boss speaker front, aligned two holes, and zip tied them together. I then drilled a hole into the metal frame of the Boss using the Honda speaker's frame as a guide. This worked well, and was only a minor inconvenience.

When I removed the driver's side speaker grille, I was unhappy to find that 4 wires were attached to the speaker clip. I managed to drill out the rivet attaching the speaker clip from one of the Honda speakers, clipped the attaching wires, and cobbled together an adapter that I soldered onto the 2nd Boss speaker. Both speakers fit snugly, with no issues, and sound good.

I later found a pair of speaker adapters on Amazon for less than five bucks, and ordered several pairs. I've also ordered a pair of JVC CS-J620 6.5" two-way speakers for the rear, which offer better specs at 35-22,000 Hz, and I will follow-up on how well they fit. Both the Boss and JVC speakers were around $22 per pair from Amazon.
marsdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #432
KargoMaster
Premium Member
2004 4WD EXS 6MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Thumbs up Another satisfied (thrifty) customer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToastyRiko View Post
Pioneer TS-G1645R Speakers - super easy!

Just wanted to thank people for the recommendation. I found a 4 pack of these speakers on Amazon for under $60, and then I got the Metra 72-7800 wiring harness (2 packs= 4 harnesses for $12 total).

The full replacement job took about 25 minutes. Simple steps:
1. Pop off the plastic speaker covers in the front and back doors (you can do this with a flat-head screwdriver, just going along the edge of it slowly)
2. Unscrew the existing speakers with the 3 screws you'll see very obviously
3. Unplug the wire connector behind each of these speakers (just squeeze on both sides of the clip and remove)
4. Attach Metra wiring harness to the back of each speaker (super easy - it'll make sense when you see it)
5. Attach wiring harness into Element plug in each speaker hole
5a. Test the radio to make sure the plug worked
6. Screw Pioneer speakers into the three holes that are already there in the Element (these are NOT the same holes that the other speakers used, but if you look closely, you will see them already drilled into the plastic, so no need to drill, get a separate adapter or anything)
7. Pop speaker covers back on (note - you do not use the Pioneer speaker grill/covers. Use the existing Element covers, and that's all you need.)
Like I said, these speakers fit perfectly. With the Metra adapters, you don't need to splice into your speaker wiring at all. With the Pioneer speakers, you have the same 3 screw pattern, so you don't need to drill anything new or get any new screws.

The quality of the speakers is basically "good enough." They obviously don't compare to any high end speakers like the Bose ones or anything like that. But my old speakers were buzzing and really worn out, so this is a HUGE, HUGE improvement! I would say the sound is now very clean and crisp, though not as full of a sound as you would get with much more expensive speakers.

That being said, for $72 total, I'm super happy with the sound and the ease of installation.

This one... this one right here...
Thank you ToastyRiko and to all the other members that we have followed...
This was PAINLESS...

I did slightly different part number for the speakers through Spamazon:
$55 -- 4 x Pioneer TS-G1620F 6.5-inch 2-Way Car Audio coaxial Speakers 6-1/2"
$9 -- (2) Pair of Metra 72-7800 Speaker Wire Adapters for Select Honda Vehicles - 4 Total Adapters

Good enough for me, I'm no audiophile...
This fixed broken (horrible rattling) speaker; I couldn't be happier!

2004 Element -- "Zippy"

2001 7.3L Excursion "Buster"
1996 1.9L BMW Z3 "Jack"
1993 5.0L Jeep CJ/YJ bits-n-pieces... "Heep"
Rear engine, Front & Rear Steer Rock Buggy
KargoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #433
Nomadman01
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 4WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

Thanx for that info. As I am upgrading all 7 speakers i wasnt sure what to do for front/tweeters, cause I couldnt find out if factory amp had separate output for tweeters.
Nomadman01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in