If you HAD to replace your Element what would you get? - Page 14 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #131
AWD
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2005 4WD EX AT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

My Element it is having expensive suspension work being done at the local Honda Dealership. For the first time I decided to get a loaner car. It is a white 2019 CRV with 1500 miles on it. It drives smooth and takes bumps much better than the E. Standard back up camera which I don't have. I am loyal to my E and am not in love with the CRV body style. However, I have to admit it is a nice ride.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2019, 08:39 AM   #132
GE-Minigun
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

Replacement Element...

Since the Element is no more, what would be considered a good replacement vehicle? We purchased a used 03 with 147k and a bad engine that's getting a TSX engine installed with 60k on it. The Element is in good to excellent condition for the age, however I know it won’t last forever so I’m thinking of the next vehicle. We purchased it mainly to haul or Chocolate lab around, whom would be an excellent desert companion, as he can find water anywhere and NOT stay out of it...also to do some light/short road trips and as a daily driver for me. So what would be considered an acceptable replacement…Ford Transit Connect or something else?
GE-Minigun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2019, 08:23 PM   #133
sundog925
2009 2WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

apparently I'm reading reports of a concept 2020 element?

Old 05-24-2019, 08:33 PM   #134
lizzurd
Moderator Eh?
2006 *Former Element owner
Neutron Blue Metallic (NBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog925 View Post
apparently I'm reading reports of a concept 2020 element?
Not happening.

Every couple of years a supposed element concept pops up.
lizzurd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2019, 12:10 AM   #135
desinia
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzurd View Post
Not happening.

Every couple of years a supposed element concept pops up.
AW... And it's always the same one. I had to google it and see for myself - and there it was! More pictures of the Honda Nugget on display at a car show with all sorts of claims that would even make Trump proud. https://thecarsweek.com/honda/the-ne...honda-element/

What I find entertaining is to read the review they posted and count how many actual facts listed opposed to "it'll be wonderful" or "it'll be amazing" yada yada... I found better journalism in my email this morning trying to sell little blue pills.

YOU WON a Honda dream vacation! *
*(Travel, food and lodging not included. All other expenses are the responsibility of the contestant.)

Last edited by desinia; 05-27-2019 at 12:12 AM.
desinia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2019, 01:00 PM   #136
mab
2003 2WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

I don't think there is a true replacement for the Element. The Kia Souls are probably the closest and are fun to drive.

Earlier this month, I purchased a 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe as we prepare to sell my E ☹ So far, I really like the Santa Fe but it is an entirely different animal than the E. It has all the tech and safety features you could want, but I will miss the flexibility of the Element.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2019, 01:17 PM   #137
GE-Minigun

As mentioned we purchased ours to haul our Lab around in along with all his gear (towels, water bowl, decoys and whatnot). Current mode of transport is an 04 Tundra Double Cab that I put a platform in the back seat…works great when it’s just us, but if we go to dinner with friends it has to be removed and while not a pain to remove it is at the same time, if you know what I mean. The other thing we like about the Element is the flexibility of it…spotted a platform that had a ramp hidden under the top that slid in and out like on an U-Haul truck. Since he’s getting older and so am I can see in the future, lifting him out of the truck could be an issue.
GE-Minigun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #138
manny04
2003 4WD EX AT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

FJ Cruiser would be my go to. But i keep up with my elements maintenance so i can get 550k like ive seen done and i am only at 187k. The FJ Cruiser looks like fun for off roading although if my element keeps going strong i'd consider the 3" lift kit instead of higher maintenance cost of an FJ.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
manny04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2019, 03:22 PM   #139
manny04
2003 4WD EX AT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo.ulrich View Post
If I had to replace my Elements what would I get? DEPRESSED
i FEEL what youre saying. You could always by a JDM engine for 500 and keep it rolling. Replace maybe the engine but never the E.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
manny04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #140
zenbuilder
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Send a message via AIM to zenbuilder
Clicked on the link that desinia posted above. The orange E concept looks nice, but as luzzard said, Its probably not happening, and for $25,000. Wrong! They wouldn't be able to produce them fast enough . But damn, that would be great.
zenbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Shoppin' and Test Drivin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in