Looking to maybe buy a 2003 Element with 219k miles. Need advice. - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous / General Element Discussions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-17-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
TrevorNoah
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

Looking to maybe buy a 2003 Element with 219k miles. Need advice.

I'm a subaru technician but I'm tired of looking at them at work and driving them home so I'm looking for a good Honda Element. Ive found an 03 with 219000 miles and I'm curious about what to look out for on that year with that kind of mileage. What are some common problems? Should I be too worried about the mileage? Thank you!
TrevorNoah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #2
nacranym
EOC Rank: Neon
2004 2WD EXS 6MT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

it's not the mileage, it's the life it has led.
we bought our 2nd Element with about 205K miles from the original owner, who is a member of this forum and had done all the maintenance. it now has about 245K miles and we've replaced the knock sensor, the head unit (because we wanted more features), the tires, the windshield wiper blades, the engine oil, the filters (air, oil, cabin), the battery and that's about it.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #3
mab
2003 2WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

I have an 03 with 93k miles on it. I've had very few problems - lately an unknown electrical issue that seems to drain the battery. Gaskets and hoses need to be changed. Otherwise, it's been great. Regular maintenance and it's been fine. I love it.

About to list it for sale only because we wanted a car with more safety features for hauling our kids around.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
Mike1953
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

With proper maintenance they can last upwards of 500,000 miles
Mike1953 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2019, 07:44 AM   #5
zenbuilder
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX AT

Send a message via AIM to zenbuilder
Trevor , As you know, a lot of used car buy's are the luck of the draw. You, being a mechanic know first hand what to look for. If the E has it's service records, that's gold. Does the car look good for it time? Does it drive well? Sometimes these are the only indications we have as to the cars history. I guess you could also do a CarFax to make sure it wasn't in ten feet of water.Go luck.
zenbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #6
mayday
2009 4WD EX AT
Omni Blue Pearl (OBP)

I was just looking at the 'how many miles' forum and am sure there are several E's on the road with over 200k now... Is anyone on here over 300k? would love to hear about it or see pics :)
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2019, 12:11 AM   #7
BurntToast

Made an account to reply! I just got my 2003 element and it has 211000 on it. I would recommend driving the one your interested in and going to drive another. I drove a few and I could clearly tell the difference between ones taken care of and not. Listen for a wine! If it wines/whistles the AWD is going out! I took mine in to bumpy alleys to make sure foundation is good.

I did have to have the inner oil filters changed but this is a common honda issue but I didnt worry about that. Paid for a look over and the report said front brakes and that was it. So far extremely happy with it and excited to see if i can put another 200 on it.
BurntToast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2019, 07:09 AM   #8
zenbuilder
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2004 4WD EX AT

Send a message via AIM to zenbuilder
Mayday, Locksmith has about 10 E's that his company uses, and i believe at least 2 have over 500,00 on them.
zenbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Miscellaneous / General Element Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in