Honda Element Owners Club banner

Honda kills off Element. Protest MegaMeet?

7K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Pearly Sunset 
#1 ·
For those of you who haven't heard:
http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=5775

I suggest that we have a protest MegaMeet/day. National, Regional, whatever... Swarm some Honda location(s) in Torrance, California, or East Liberty, Ohio, or Whereverthehellelse.

Would enough E's show?

Would Honda notice?

Will somebody with actual planning skills take the idea and run with it?

Talk amongst yourselves.

At the very least, somebody should start a petition, letter-writing campaign, saveElement facebook page, etc.

#3 ·
Our GGM's will be classics. Just wait 20 years cuz they were the best color.
And GGM means Galapagos Green Metallic, not some bizarre grey color.
Regards,
Greg
Like EVERY Element owner, I was planning to buy ANOTHER one in about 3-4 more years. It's the ONLY car I have EVER been able to sit straight up in (tall), not had to lean sideways (broad shoulders), & not had to lean forward to look down and out the windshield (any other car I fit in). And it STAYS CLEAN. Everybody who gets in asks me how recently I got it. Oh, then there's that whole thing about LOVING the car anyway...

Now I have to choose whether I sell my baby before her time to buy a new one, keep my baby AND buy a new one, or just keep my baby until she dies. BTW, I have no steady income, and Wells Fargo just destroyed my credit rating by botching a mutually-agreed-upon short-sale into a foreclosure. I'm sure I will get WONDERFUL financing due to that. And sadly, I liked the Kiwi green better than the Galapagos...

Now I don't even feel like doing the next 4 or 5 mods I had in mind, if I may have to sell this one in the next 5 months. WTF Honda? You have to wait until the first release dies out if you want us to buy another one. I wonder how many more they would have sold if they put a moon/sunroof in everything, and NOT been blind on the colors. Or maybe if they just TRIED to sell it. That CRAPPY looking LX at the Autoshow last week was NOT cool. I heard it wasn't even there until the last few days.:x

#5 · (Edited)
They put their sales orders in, they get their sales projections out ...

Attachments

#9 ·
well, in a way they are because they are taking away our NEXT car. we're on our second E, and I figured in a few years I'd get at third e.
maybe a show of EOC force at torrence or east liberty or both would make honda give us something new and different for 2012. at the very least it would give the EOC one last hurraahh. :roll:
honda has a pattern of doing just this- run a car that develops a rabid following, then kills it off. prelude, del sol, s2k, theyll prolly do the same with the ridgeline in a few years...

#12 ·
I'd love it, and I live in one of the Element capitals of the world, but the problem with the local E owners here is they're just too goddamn busy with stuf in their life to come to meet. In other words, they're typical Element owners :lol:

#13 ·
I'm in Columbus, I'll go.

#14 · (Edited)
Same predicorment!

I love my 2003 Elephant 150k as an antique restorer it holds more large furniture than a Ford Explorer. As a bike racer I can carefully transport several bikes inside plus gear and the dog. 4 of my teamates have bought elements as well.
I too have had my credit rating trashed by my unscrupulous mortgage company and wondering how to get a new Honda with lousey credit. Why aren't the scores being averaged as more people are being blemished?
How could I ever give myelephant even though the foam is popping out of the front seats? They are still easy sells on ebay and carmax which should indicate their popularity.

#16 · (Edited)
Here is an idea,>

Let’s all meet at the Honda Center in Anaheim and donate a toy to
the ABC7's Spark of Love Toy Drive November 17, from 4:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

http://www.hondacenter.com/PressRoomDetails.aspx?PressRoomID=66

If we all show up at the same time with all our Elements we can plug
the EOC website on live TV and tell Honda how we feel about them killing
off the Element.

How ironic it’s at the Honda Center in Anaheim.

#17 ·
Here is an idea,>
Let’s all meet at the Honda Center in Anaheim and donate a toy to
the ABC7's Spark of Love Toy Drive November 18, from 5 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
You mean Fri, Dec 17? Right? 5am-6:30pm is HARSH for the working folks, but I am in if anybody else is. Happen to be in the area...

#19 ·
If you want to have a meet, have a meet. But to try and organize a "protest" against Honda for canceling the Element would be a futile thing to do. Honda and all manufacturers cancel things all of the time. Once a vehicle is canceled it is done, rare is it for a reversal to happen and in this instance it just won't be happening.

#21 ·
Yes, but no. We're not Honda. We don't know what they are thinking. Maybe it was a coin flip, maybe not. Maybe it's gone for good, maybe they decided to review the decision in a few years. I'm just saying I'd rather do SOMETHING to show my disappointment, than do nothing and look like I agree with the cancelation.

BTW, have you seen the Facebook page? More angry people there than on EOC...

Yes I know that it would be falling on death ears, but it couldn't hurt. I just
look at this as a chance to get the word out about the demise of the
Element and (in a good way) tell everyone about our EOC club. I see E’s all
over the place, but I rarely see E’s with EOC stickers or license plate frames.
Also I’ve told several people about the end of the E and they haven’t herd
and where surprised.

And last but not least show some good xmas cheer.
Oh well it was just an idea.:roll:
I'll commit right now to a Fri PM if at least one other EOCer goes. Christmas cheer all the way =)

#20 ·
Yes I know that it would be falling on death ears, but it couldn't hurt. I just
look at this as a chance to get the word out about the demise of the
Element and (in a good way) tell everyone about our EOC club. I see E’s all
over the place, but I rarely see E’s with EOC stickers or license plate frames.
Also I’ve told several people about the end of the E and they haven’t herd
and where surprised.

And last but not least show some good xmas cheer.

:hol039:

Oh well it was just an idea.:roll:

#22 ·
I'll go back out to Marysville for another meet at the plant. However, not to protest. I'll go to personally thank them for putting out such a great vehicle that has served me well over the years and say I'm not angry at them for being a business that has to discontinue a product I love.

#23 ·
#26 ·
When Hurricane Sandy landed a large branch on my Element, and the insurance agency said they could total it. I said no. It is not perfect, but it has been repaired, and I still love it.

Today someone pulled next to me turning out of a lot. She was going right, and I was going left. She rolled down her window and waved. She was driving a gray element, and I was in my orange one. It was instant kinship.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.