Expanded Airbag recall - Page 53 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Recalls, TSB's and Notices

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:19 PM   #521
AWD
EOC Rank: Helium
2005 4WD EX AT
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

Safety first...

I had to go down there to the Dealer each time separately to arrange appointments for both the driver, and passenger airbag recall. What a pain in the ass, but I really like knowing that potential shrapnel will not explode into my face if involved in a front end collision. I told one of my friends with an E about the recall, and he shrugged like he couldn't be bothered to go get it fixed!
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2018, 10:32 AM   #522
azmusclecar
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 2WD EX AT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
I had to go down there to the Dealer each time separately to arrange appointments for both the driver, and passenger airbag recall. What a pain in the ass, but I really like knowing that potential shrapnel will not explode into my face if involved in a front end collision. I told one of my friends with an E about the recall, and he shrugged like he couldn't be bothered to go get it fixed!
It all depends on what some people feel are more important things in their lives...........the odd choices people make is what separates us from the dead ones.............
azmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #523
dgale
EOC Rank: Carbon
2004 4WD EX MT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

I just got a postcard in the mail today from Honda about the recall for my 2004 E but didn't get one for my 2003 (?). I guess I'll just bring the 2003 VIN with me when I get the 2004 done and see if it is due as well.
dgale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 10:04 AM   #524
07lmnt
2007 2WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmusclecar View Post
It all depends on what some people feel are more important things in their lives...........the odd choices people make is what separates us from the dead ones.............
I still have not replaced the passenger side bag. My E has only been to the dealer for recalls, and every single time they have damaged something.

Just don't feel like the hassle. Besides, I don't sit on the passenger side.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #525
marky
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2011 4WD EX AT
Crystal Black Pearl (CBP)

I bought my latest "E" last year, I went to the dealership to get the one free oil change yesterday. No appointment, came in with no hassle, they also did the NYS inspection. They told me they wanted to replace the passenger side "initiator" they had it in stock, no charge as well. It took about 90 minutes. They had a nice clean waiting room, with wi-fi and TV (thankfully no Fox News!) and comfy chairs.

My thanks to Babylon Honda!
marky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #526
MRS.Bignerd
EOC Rank: Helium
2008 SC 2WD 5MT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

Saw something about there being problems with the replacment airbag inflators now and vehicles might be recalled again for re-replacement? They are saying some of the initial replacement parts still contained or causes the same problem shrapnel?
2003-2010 Elements included

Hope they do both at the same time this time instead of doing them one at a time....
MRS.Bignerd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019, 03:51 PM   #527
malbojah
2005 4WD EX AT
Galapagos Green Metallic (GGM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS.Bignerd View Post
Saw something about there being problems with the replacment airbag inflators now and vehicles might be recalled again for re-replacement? They are saying some of the initial replacement parts still contained or causes the same problem shrapnel?
2003-2010 Elements included

Hope they do both at the same time this time instead of doing them one at a time....
Saw that as well, you know it will be months before anything actually gets cranking. I figure 18 months before I get both replaced.
malbojah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2019, 07:26 PM   #528
07lmnt
2007 2WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Saw the latest on the news.

Big panic...

I'm not going to do a thing, only 23 people have died due to takata air bags.

My chances are better at winning the lottery.

Highly unlikely.

The chances of my E being messed up, damaged, scratched, hit in the dealer parking lot, is way higher.

Last edited by 07lmnt; 03-12-2019 at 07:30 PM.
07lmnt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2019, 12:23 AM   #529
desinia
EOC Rank: Neon
2008 4WD EX 5AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

But they also reported that the failure rate on some older models is over 50%. I dunno what to believe when Honda says it...

On the other hand, they finally sent somebody out to my house to replace both of my front airbag inflator in the driveway. Nice guy and I felt sorry about the way he must've froze his fingers off doing it but we had a nice talk about the shenanigans that the local dealer pulls - which is why an indie repairman is doing it in my driveway. Would've loved to run those old inflators through and see what condition the old propellant inside really looks like. Now just hoping that I have the new inflators instead of more of the defective ones again. Even when an airbag works, it's violent and painful, much like smashing your face through a boiling hot watermellon.

YOU WON a Honda dream vacation! *
*(Travel, food and lodging not included. All other expenses are the responsibility of the contestant.)

Last edited by desinia; 03-13-2019 at 12:26 AM.
desinia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #530
deoxy4
2003 2WD EX MT
Shoreline Mist Metallic (SMM)

I called Honda today. They used four different vendors in replacing the Takara defective bags. Both my driver (2015) and passenger bags (2016) were replaced. Only Takara bags are effected. Neither of my bags were replaced with Takara bags, so not under recall.

I suggest calling Honda with VIN#. They can check the database and tell you if your vehicle is effected in less than 5 minutes.

Last edited by deoxy4; 03-13-2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: error
deoxy4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Honda Element > Recalls, TSB's and Notices

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in