Scan Gage II free up date for AT temp - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:29 PM   #11
07lmnt
EOC Rank: Carbon
2007 2WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Yeah, 250 warrants adding a cooler.

Mine has never been much higher than what was posted a few years ago.

Are you using the scan guage?
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #12
bongobennie
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2008 2WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

I had a scanguage2 in my civic si for years, put it in element and last year sent it on for the upgrade for trans temp. I love it as well as the accurate engine temp. Ill post a nice review before and after trans cooler, I will be bypassing the OEM one as well.

Last edited by bongobennie; 04-07-2018 at 03:48 PM. Reason: repost
bongobennie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2018, 06:40 PM   #13
07lmnt
2007 2WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongobennie View Post
I had a scanguage2 in my civic si for years, put it in element and last year sent it on for the upgrade for trans temp. I love it as well as the accurate engine temp. Ill post a nice review before and after trans cooler, I will be bypassing the OEM one as well.
Keep us posted with the results.

What cooler do you plan to install?

Old 04-25-2018, 10:25 AM   #14
kevinr1247
2008 4WD EX AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07lmnt View Post
This is what they sent..

Do you know what software version is currently in your ScanGaugeII? If not, you can check the software version by pressing MORE> MORE> and use the top left or right button to scroll until you see VERSION. In order to try the experimental Honda X-Gauges, your unit needs to have 4.0 or higher.

If you do have 4.0 or higher, please try the following XGauge code:

Transmission Fluid Temperature (Degrees Fahrenheit)
TXD: 1DF1222201
RXF: 032400000000
RXD: 2808
MTH: 00090005FFD8
NAM: TFT

If this does not work try changing the TXD to 0EF1222201 or 10F1222201 or 11F1222201. The rest of the codes will remain the same.

You can find instructions on how to enter this code on page 40 of the user manual.
Are these "codes" also referred to as the PID codes? I'm curious because I'm wondering if these PID codes could be used in other applications like DashCommand. I'm in need of transmission temperature as well, so I'm investigating options. Many thanks.
kevinr1247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #15
07lmnt
2007 2WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1247 View Post
Are these "codes" also referred to as the PID codes? I'm curious because I'm wondering if these PID codes could be used in other applications like DashCommand. I'm in need of transmission temperature as well, so I'm investigating options. Many thanks.
No clue what kind of codes. Just followed the directions to change them.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:30 PM   #16
kevinr1247
2008 4WD EX AT

Quote:
No clue what kind of codes. Just followed the directions to change them.
To answer my own question, I don't think they are. PIDs or Parameter ID's are what allow ScanGauge or hardware use to read/interpret the data from a specific sensor. They are different on every vehicle, is my understanding. For the Element there is a PID that is used to read the transmission temperature using ScanGauge, or a similar system that supports accessing those PIDs. The trick seems to be getting that specific PID for trans temp. But clearly it exists.

So if you have a smart phone app that could tap into the OBD2 hardware that has access through PIDs to the accompanying data, boom, then you have your trans temp displayed on your smartphone. That's how I understand it so far.

But what needs to be developed is simply a system that will alert me if the transmission temp exceeds a certain predefined temperature. I don't need to constantly have the transmission temp displayed while I'm driving. Insight and setups, beyond the ScanGauge system, which looks to be the best option at the moment, is appreciated.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:26 PM   #17
07lmnt
2007 2WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinr1247 View Post
To answer my own question, I don't think they are. PIDs or Parameter ID's are what allow ScanGauge or hardware use to read/interpret the data from a specific sensor. They are different on every vehicle, is my understanding. For the Element there is a PID that is used to read the transmission temperature using ScanGauge, or a similar system that supports accessing those PIDs. The trick seems to be getting that specific PID for trans temp. But clearly it exists.

So if you have a smart phone app that could tap into the OBD2 hardware that has access through PIDs to the accompanying data, boom, then you have your trans temp displayed on your smartphone. That's how I understand it so far.

But what needs to be developed is simply a system that will alert me if the transmission temp exceeds a certain predefined temperature. I don't need to constantly have the transmission temp displayed while I'm driving. Insight and setups, beyond the ScanGauge system, which looks to be the best option at the moment, is appreciated.
Dude, your giving me a headache. WTF do you want?

I for sure do NOT want a phone app.

Just buy a scan gage. It's really that simple.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #18
kevinr1247
2008 4WD EX AT

Quote:
Dude, your giving me a headache. WTF do you want?

I for sure do NOT want a phone app.

Just buy a scan gage. It's really that simple.
Hopefully, someone who's interested in the topic will find my post when they run a search. They might add something else productive to this thread, to maybe continue the discussion. Maybe not.

I'd like to at least see a phone app that would work for what I want. Actually it seems like that's the direction it's going. But I think you're right, the scangauge is the way to go at the moment. It's simple.

EDIT: If anyone knows what the PID would be for the transmission temperature and a good hardware/software configuration that would allow us to use an app like DashCommand or Torque, with their nice updated interfaces, I'd be interested in the info. Much appreciated.

Last edited by kevinr1247; 04-26-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #19
bongobennie
2008 2WD EX AT
Alabaster Silver Metallic (ASM)

I went the summer with the B&M 8x11" cooler/radiator bypassed and never saw the temp go past 195F no matter what I could throw at it in the summer and was very happy with what I saw. My question would be my winter temps. on my coldest days it takes 10-15 minutes of 65mph to get it past 100F, hottest on freeway is 125F and 140F city. Keeping in mind I live in Vegas and very rarely drive in freezing temps. Thoughts?
bongobennie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #20
07lmnt
2007 2WD EX-P AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongobennie View Post
I went the summer with the B&M 8x11" cooler/radiator bypassed and never saw the temp go past 195F no matter what I could throw at it in the summer and was very happy with what I saw. My question would be my winter temps. on my coldest days it takes 10-15 minutes of 65mph to get it past 100F, hottest on freeway is 125F and 140F city. Keeping in mind I live in Vegas and very rarely drive in freezing temps. Thoughts?
Try blocking it partway with the old cardboard trick.
07lmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Mobile Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in