need to get a pair of hiking boots... - Page 7 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Activities > Bikin', Campin', Hikin', and Kayakin'

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:13 AM   #61
Honu
EOC Rank: Carbon
2003 4WD EX AT
Eternal Blue Pearl (EBP)

Cool Re: need to get a pair of hiking boots...

well, without reading over all the pages of posts......
I agree that Montrails are some of the "best" boots on the market right now, IF they fit your feet.
I know a lot of hikers here in the Northwest that swear by them, including my oldest daughter.
Alas, even Montrail says they fit about 80% of the people out there. I am apparently in the 20%.

I have extremely tough feet to fit for my 8-16 mile Cascade mountain hiking range. After going through many many boots at REI and Marmot and even Big-5 I ended up finding a pair of closeout Raichles that fit my feet like....well like gloves. Unfortunately they seem to be wearing out a lot faster than the Montrails and since the model was discontinued, I need to do the search from scratch again when these wear out, although I might start with Raichles.

I have had a LOT of bad fitting boots over the years including some VERY expensive ones. You have to try on boots and if there is ANY pressure spot or the tiniest bit of discomfort when tromping around at the store, move on. Don't believe the sales people when they say "they will break in" or "we can stretch them". If you can't do a tricky lacing (and that is only when desparate) to make them work they just aren't right. Even at that, it can be a gamble and fit problems may not show up until a number of miles into a hike.

Oh yes, and please don't do as we have seen some people, who wear their band new boots right out of the box for the first time on a nice long hike. THAT is a disaster with almost any boot. Wear them around work and home for awhile before hitting the trail. You will be glad you did. Don't listen to the sales people that try to sell poor fitting boots based on "break in" but realize they do have to break in before they will be totally compatible with your feet for a LONG hike. ( or maybe your feet are what is conforming)

just my two cents and probably already well stated in the posts I didn't wade through.
2003 EX, Eternal Blue Pearl, AWD,Auto, Nokian WR-suv 225/70-16, K&N, X-PEL, X-bound seat covers, Eagle One wax-dry, side marker blinker conversion, amber LED "foglights", DIY mesh grill, mtn bike carrier=1strap. static cling dark tint window strip and on sunroof, rear view wide angle mirrors, locking gas cap, Sport Light Utility Truck, Keeping It Simple!!!
Honu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2019, 11:32 PM   #62
chae18099
EOC Rank: Hydrogen

Hey there,

I don't have any hiking shoes but I have great experience with hiking shoes with my friend's hiking shoes. We were trekking from 7 hours and my shoe got damaged and then one of my friends gave me hiking shoe pair to wear and I spend 3 days with that shoe. The shoe was really amazing and so comfortable. Love the hiking shoe and now planning to buy, and if you want to know any brand then you can go for wildcraft brand but it is a little bit expensive. So, you have another option, you can go for Indestructible shoes. Hope it would help you.
Thanks!
chae18099 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Activities > Bikin', Campin', Hikin', and Kayakin'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in