Oil change Interval - Synthetic - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #11
deoxy4
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2003 2WD EX MT
Shoreline Mist Metallic (SMM)

A K24 engine switched from conventional to synthetic oil. A little golden varnish from initial conventional use, 7-8K OCI. No harm, looks good to me.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum...35614&page=all
deoxy4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #12
Elemental Guy
2004 4WD LX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

I go about 10k between changes, which are twice a year. I use Quaker State Full Synthetic (!!!!), $22 at Walmart. Heck, at that price I should change it more often but I'm lazy. When I drain it out it's black. 171k on the motor.
Elemental Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 01:04 PM   #13
pedals
EOC Rank: Helium
2007 4WD EX 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

I used to change dyno oil about 4x a year, but since I went exclusively with Mobil 1 for most of this century, I do it twice a year. April and October. I could let it go longer with no consequences, but with a good quality filter, and probably 3k or so between changes, I'll err on the side of over maintenance. Besides, it's easy to remember Spring and Fall.
pedals is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2019, 04:22 PM   #14
5am
2006 2WD LX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulchristi View Post
At 120K on my 2004, I've decided to spring for full synthetic oil. I put on about 5000 miles per year, and live on an island so I don't foresee long drives in the future.

My question: How often should I change my oil? With conventional oil I was doing 5,000 or 12 months, could I go longer with synthetic?

Thanks!
LX2006, now 76K original owner: Honda Synthetic Oil since 2015. Once a year full service. Inspections and oil change plus any that needs to be replaced. Catalytic converter replaced with an OEM per car insurance order. As stock cc was stolen overnight. Brakes 2x replaced for wear and tear. Other than that, I have no problem with mine. I drive my car less now as I've retired. During the active years, I mostly commute due to over-priced fuel and forever heavy traffic in Los Angeles freeways. Rest assure, your Element wouldn't mind an annual oil change. BTW, repair and maintenance of my Element are continually managed and maintained by Honda where I bought it 06. I can sleep and drive soundly when I know who maintains my suv.
5am is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2019, 04:25 PM   #15
5am
2006 2WD LX AT

Also, you may want to ask your mechanic first before changing regular oil to synthetic oil.
5am is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2019, 08:38 AM   #16
Elemental Guy
2004 4WD LX MT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5am View Post
Also, you may want to ask your mechanic first before changing regular oil to synthetic oil.
No need to, just start using synthetic if you so choose.
Elemental Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2019, 02:48 PM   #17
seagiant
2005 4WD EX AT

Hi,
As I said before, I think the Honda K24 engine is one of the best engines made in the world today.

I own two Elements, both bought used and run M1 in both with OEM Honda oil filters.

I cared not what was run in them before I got them and they are doing fine!

I think a valve adjust, good synthetic oil, and clean air filter will help the longevity of the engine, more than anything else!
seagiant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Accessories, Care and Mods > Maintenance and Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in