Honda Element Owners Club banner

Ask Julie

7K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  juliE 
#1 ·
Hey ya 'll, just back from the test track. Ask Julie about the ride in the Drifter......

#2 ·
so i guess i am supposed to ask about the ride......................... so how was it

#3 ·
Hey,

Only a handful of folks got to drift today... and those that did, deserved to!!!
Julie had a smile from ear to ear, probably still does.

Tom and Julie and Larry have done a SPECTACULAR JOB with this Event, you always remember your first, and this was mine. Thanks guys, you're the best!

Wednesday start driving back home..... another 1,940 miles. :-(

Todd

#6 ·
Great Job

Tom and Julie and Larry have done a SPECTACULAR JOB with this Event, you always remember your first, and this was mine. Thanks guys, you're the best!
Todd
Yes They Did!!! Better than expected!!! The Crew at Honda was Great Too !!! THANK YOU ALL!!!

#5 ·
so you drifted in your E? uh i am so lost. i thought the black and orange on was the drifter, and only because they changed the motor and whole drivetrain. please inform me, i am so curious now.

#10 ·
So I'm asking JuliE:

Hi,

Anyone going to put out an offical roster of who made the Big Event?

We couldn't make it this year, but sure would like to know which of our Ebuds made it. :cool:

#11 ·
I know that I totally acted like a little kid, but it was soooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!! (maybe I should take up race car driving or something......)

It was a much smoother ride than I had expected it would be. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures Ridgeln took, so I can show my kids that I GOT TO RIDE IN THE DRIFTER-E! :D :D :D

This is not my ride, but it gives you an idea, for those who weren't there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq1BaWoAGfc

#17 ·
Truth be told, I had spoken to James on Friday at the plant tour and while talking to him about the Drift-E, I asked if he was giving rides and he said no but when I told him I was a State Trooper, he said he would allow me to ride. Eddie, Platinum21 and Fish-E were standing right there and he said he would give Eddie a ride too. I think we asked before anyone even thought something like this could happen. I didn't pull any rank or cut any lines but I do think my being an officer and having a Master Badge (that I never leave home without) on top of a dynamic personality and that I carry a GLock was helpful!:) . When the owner/operator/designer/driver/promoter looks at YOU and motions for you to come and take your spot he's so thoughtfully allowed you to have, you take it my friend. I would like to think that though people may not personally know me, they would think that being a 51yr old man, I wouldn't jump a freakin' line to ride in any ones car or make statements of paying someone back for their actions. :| I don't operate that way. I believe in a totally fair and equal operating system though it doesn't seem to work that way at times.

Wish we could change our unsernames so I could select one that suggest my disappearing act.

Poof* I'm gone, someone turn off the lights!

Attachments

#13 ·
Oh no! Let's go into it.

-g

#15 ·
Who travelled the farthest?

hmmm...you coulda made something up, nothing like a juicy story to feed the rumour mill :lol:

So, who travelled the farthest? I see members from parts of Canada, the state of Washington, Alabama, South Florida (kinda south), and lower Tejas.

-g

#16 ·
E_Biker drove the from Utah and was awarded with a gas card, which won't even begin to cover his gas costs. Elemen-O-P flew from California and Junebug flew from Washington state into Chicago and caught a ride with NighthawkStella (who drove the second furthest away from South Dakota) the rest of the way.

#18 ·
I'm just messing with you Chozen, please don't take offence. You did not inform us at the time about your prior arrangements, and I can see that with that said, the conversation was brief when you spoke with James at TRC so he must have remembered your conversation and told you to hop in!.

Sorry if I offended you.

From meeting you you sure do not look or act like a 51 year old man, but rather someone quite a bit younger...

#20 ·
I'm just messing with you Chozen, please don't take offence. You did not inform us at the time about your prior arrangements, and I can see that with that said, the conversation was brief when you spoke with James at TRC so he must have remembered your conversation and told you to hop in!.

Sorry if I offended you.

From meeting you you sure do not look or act like a 51 year old man, but rather someone quite a bit younger...
You're as young or old as you feel. Thanks for the compliment though!
I've been blessed with young genes I guess but I'm an AARP member. Could have retired a few years ago but I'm still pressing onward.

No offense on the Drift E though. I did get threats though and called out in front of everyone so that's not a cool thing (not by you) to be fronted like that! Again, we have no issues between us Accord. Again, it was a pleasure to meet you and see that beautiful ride you've put together!

Peace!

#19 ·
SO..............how many members showed?
EOC vs ROC

#22 ·
I was going to ride but they were afraid the rear end wouldn't break loose...in which case it would just be a lame E going around in circles:-(

I had a ticket to ride the Ridgeline but JuliE took that away from me too :-xit's gonna take a while before I let that one go;-)

#24 ·
oldest there

i bet i wouldn't even have got that one....:confused::mad::twisted::neutral:

#27 ·
well after most had left there was a small group that was at the track we put 3 people and the driver of the Ridgline that had 1000lbs of lead in the back. If I had the money and use for the ridge I would get one and keep the E

#30 ·
Was there any doubt JuliE enjoyed the ride? Just look at that grin! ;-)

Vehicle Red Motor vehicle Car Mode of transport

Hahahaha Sorry, JuliE. That's one of my favorite pics of the entire meet. I think it pretty much summarizes the great time everyone was having during the entire weekend really well! I just had to post it. :D

#32 ·
Was there any doubt JuliE enjoyed the ride? Just look at that grin! ;-)

View attachment 55926

Hahahaha Sorry, JuliE. That's one of my favorite pics of the entire meet. I think it pretty much summarizes the great time everyone was having during the entire weekend really well! I just had to post it. :D
Oh my Gawd! What an awesome picture!! You can definately see that Julie was having a blast...good for you!! Wish I could have made the meet...:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.