Totalled 04’ LX AWD, PARTING OUT - Page 2 - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Trading Post

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:06 PM   #11
dgale
EOC Rank: Carbon
2004 4WD EX MT
Satin Silver Metallic (SSM)

Ouch - glad you are okay. I still have my original 2003 E that I was holding onto for no particular reason other than it is nearly identical to my 2004...but I'd be open to selling it to you at a good price if it was something that would work for you. It's only a 2WD but it does have a MT with a fairly new clutch. Needs front struts and control arm bushings and one of the CV half shafts replaced but you're an old pro at fixing that stuff. Engine is in excellent condition and can go 10K+ miles without burning a quart of oil. Anyway, no idea if a 2WD would work for you but let me know if interested and I can fill you in on rest of details.
dgale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #12
loon
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2005 4WD EX-P MT
Rallye Red (RR)

holy cow, thats bad! glad you and the pup made it out alright. did your airbags deploy?
loon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 07:35 AM   #13
karisk12
2007 2WD DX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

Hi. My condolences. I am looking for a roof rack. Please let me know the particulars on yours. Thanks.
karisk12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #14
partsbin
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 4WD EX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

dude that sucks but you live another day. you put in so much work on that e. it's sad to see an awd mt die. hope the elk is ok too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@partsbeen
partsbin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 02:26 AM   #15
YankeeChick
2008 4WD LX AT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

Hello David!

So sorry for your loss! Very glad you and the pup are OK though. That must have been scary. Did the elk make it?

I lost the rear seat headrests for my '08. Long story!

If you have those I am interested!

Thank you!
Liza
YankeeChick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 02:56 AM   #16
sylporter
2004 4WD EX AT
Fiji Blue Pearl (FBP)

Glad you and the pup are safe. I’m looking for the lower tailgate interior lining assembly. The plastic hinged flap.
Sylvia
sylporter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 10:08 AM   #17
aimlesswandering1

sorry about your element! does your element have a covered center console? I am looking for something like that for my 2006.
aimlesswandering1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #18
LDcoolG
2006 4WD EX AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

sorry about your element! does your element have a covered center console? I am looking for something like that for my 2006.
LDcoolG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #19
dreilly

Sorry for it loss. If it makes u feel any better, my 03 was in a 2 mph fender bender in a parking lot n more parts were damaged than ur elk did!
To restore this thing I'm still needing a ton of parts, IF The 03 n 04 are interchangeable. Do u happen to know for sure? I will google it but betting they are. *In hindsight, as I review this list, I'm thinking it would probably be easier for u to take the front end from MY CAR. LOL. ALL U NEED IS THE FRONT END, I NEED TO STRIP MOST PIECES OF UR CAR OMG LOL.
Here's the list (most of the car hahaha), if anyone else has these parts, and lives closer to Virginia, feel free to reply. And sir, please bear in mind that if I could afford to replace these new, I would. My ex totaled the car n ditched, n without it running I can't work (I'm a painter), so maybe it would help as u reply to include the prices u want for each part u have, vs as a whole package. Mostly I need the car to RUN (anti theft issue) and be sealed to the outdoors. The rest is cosmetic. Could go in stages if no one else beats me to the other parts.. Ok HERE IS THE LIST::
*All the rubber pieces that insulate the doors (weatherstripping? Idk what its called, I'm just a chick on a mission), and the back hatch, and sunroof, everything that pulls off of ur doors) thereby making it WATERPROOF n BUGPROOF)Including interior pieces that go at bottom of front doors, they r like bumpers, if u know what I mean...Right now bugs n rain have 24/7 access.
*the flap that covers the outside of the hinge to passenger window, drivers side, another entry point
* one of the caps on side of roof rack ( passenger side, front)
* The soundproofing padding inside, under the flooring, all of it, if its not too dirty or moldy or mildewed (someone hosed the inside of my vehicle n left it wet, which doesn't drain, Duhhh)
* the radio, if it is standard n fits console
* ANY PART U MAY HAVE THAT BYPASSES THE INS ANTI THEFT MECHANISM
* drivers side EXT SIDE PANEL AND DOOR (if not damaged and depending on shipping costs, I'm in VA)
* the hardware that attaches EVERYTHING on the inside sides of vehicle (its what u would be removing to get to the soundproofing mats. Husband threw away the nuts, bolts, screws, etc. Yikes!)
* if ur a.c. fan isn't crunched, need one
* if ur front wiper fluid motor (whatever makes it actually squirt out) isn't crunched, need that.
* the plastic covering OVER the hardware for the sides and back of car, mine was exposed (so I can see the wiring, for example, in the hatchback door. Didn't notice those pieces were missing when I bought the car.) Def missing sides/passenger armrests spot back to the hatch then on hatch itself. Lmk if u need pix.
* any seat covers u may have, if they are removable (mine are splitting just like everyone else's)
* the fabric off the inside of roof, if it comes off, lol
* front right headlight assembly if it's is still intact, doubtful I know
* rubber matting over soundproofing, front both sides, and under the front seats
* the plastic part that covers the hood pull, bottom front left near floor
* interior passenger side panel that covers most of door, not the speaker cover part, the one surrounding that.
* any auto start or auto door lock/unlock clickers and whatever parts go inside the car to make them work. (My keys don't open the doors and they won't start the car bc the INS keeps saying they aren't the right keys/chip/code. They decode themselves. I either need part to bypass the INS or an auto starter to bypass need for chip n INS to match n start.
* dealership says I need a new Starter, but I think they're playing the New Starter > New Battery > New Starter etc game on me. I'm assuming urs is crunched, but maybe someone else has one or has insight on this...I think once I bypass the anti-theft, my starter (which was new when car stopped starting) will magically work again.
* outside plastic parts that surround the windshield, mine have a gap even tho I have the long pieces n hood pieces in place. So if there's another piece u have that is small n closes that gap, pls lmk. I'm not sure they exist, all I know is they slide up n down creating gap.
I THINK THATS IT. IF UR WILLING TO DO THE SCAVENGER HUNT ON AT LEAST THE PRIMARY PARTS NEEDED, WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL. RIGHT NOW CANT EVEN TRADE THIS IN.
AND IF ANYONE IS CLOSE TO RICHMOND VA AND KNOES HOW TO INSTALL THE ANTI THEFT PART, IM ABOUT TO BUY ONE ONLINE BUT NO IDEA HOW TO INSTALL. HELP OR ADVICE APPRECIATED...I am pretty good at following youtube instructions on how to fix things, but willing to pay anyone local a reasonable price to help with this so I can work again 😁
Thanks and hope u can help. Sorry there is no anti-elk device. Would be WAY more helpful than the anti-theft device for all of us!
dreilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #20
jlutzow
2010 SC 2WD 5AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

Parting out

You and your dog are extremely lucky to walk away from that elk encounter. Glad you are okay and can tell us about it. I am looking for the wiring harness in the dash side for t Thanks in advance.he OEM satellite radio system. Previous owner of my E cut the wiring harness out when he put in an after market radio. I purchased an OEM sat radio off of ebay and need the OEM wiring harness to make it work, specificially, the speakers. Thanks in advance.
jlutzow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Trading Post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in