Help! My car won't start! - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Club X - Off-Topic Discussions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
JPH102900
EOC Rank: Neon
2005 4WD EX AT
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

Help! My car won't start!

This is just not my day! I was working on putting some dynamat-type material in the doors of my accord and the cd player cut out. I tried to start the engine and it wouldn't turn over. So my dad jumped me and I went to advanced auto parts and got a new battery and they also tested the alternator which they said was fine. I started the car and came home to finish my work. When I was done I went to start the car again and it didn't turnover AGAIN! I turn the key and the car groans and then if I keep the key turned it just keeps making this clicking noise. So they are telling me it could be the starter now. I have a couple questions:

1: is there anything else it could be

2: how much would a starter cost

3: would I be able to install it by myself
2006 Kia Sedona EX
JPH102900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #2
ShotOnce
EOC Rank: Carbon
2006 4WD EX AT
Atomic Blue Metallic (ABM)

I'm still leaning towards looking at the battery and the altenator. Does your car have juice when you are in the on position? Do the lights/wipers work? If not, the battery is dead, and the altenator is not charging battery.

Jump your car again and see if that will get it started. Also, you may want to give your starter a couple of light taps to see if it is stuck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YMAH!!!

ShotOnce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2006, 03:45 PM   #3
JPH102900
2005 4WD EX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotOnce
I'm still leaning towards looking at the battery and the altenator. Does your car have juice when you are in the on position? Do the lights/wipers work? If not, the battery is dead, and the altenator is not charging battery.

Jump your car again and see if that will get it started. Also, you may want to give your starter a couple of light taps to see if it is stuck.

Well, when I first took the car to Advanced Auto Parts, the windows and radio didn't work but after the new battery was replaced the car started and everything was fine. I went home and was working on the car in the driveway with the radio on when all of the sudden the radio started cutting out so I tried to start the car and the engine wouldn't turn over. The windows and everything work fine now since the battery has been replaced, the car just wont start.
2006 Kia Sedona EX

Old 06-06-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
JPH102900
2005 4WD EX AT

Well, I dropped the car off on sunday night at the mechanic and I just got a call that the car is running fine. They fixed a couple other small things that were wrong with the car (some rust on the brakes and the tail lights were on the fritz because of bad wiring). They said that the battery that Advanced Auto Parts gave me was a POS and that I had drained it already just by listening to the radio while I worked for about an hour. I am going to go to sears and get a diehard or something good like that installed and take the POS battery back to AA.
2006 Kia Sedona EX

Last edited by JPH102900; 06-06-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
magnEsium
EOC Rank: Oxygen
Magnesium Metallic (MM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH102900
Well, I dropped the car off on sunday night at the mechanic and I just got a call that the car is running fine. They fixed a couple other small things that were wrong with the car (some rust on the brakes and the tail lights were on the fritz because of bad wiring). They said that the battery that Advanced Auto Parts gave me was a POS and that I had drained it already just by listening to the radio while I worked for about an hour. I am going to go to sears and get a diehard or something good like that installed and take the POS battery back to AA.

That's crazy JPH! What's up with your wiring?? You shouldn't be having problems on an '05 like that. Is it stock wiring, or have you added aftermarket things? It sounds like you've got a short somewhere that's draining your battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > EOC Member Central > Club X - Off-Topic Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in