Honda Element Owners Club banner

100,000 Mile or 160,000 KM Club

121K views 357 replies 243 participants last post by  GreyGhost05 
#1 ·
Just hit 100,000 miles today. Who else out there has over 100k?

Attachments

See less See more
#62 · (Edited)
This might very well be the Element mileage leader... This image was posted back in November 2006! I am trying to contact the owner to see if he still owns this Element and how many miles he has on it.

This was posted as part of this thread.

Edit: I received a reply back. He sold his E August 2007, it had 285,000+ on the odo. He said that the front differential had started to leak and there was also a small oil leak from the rear seal. He plans on buying another Element in the future.

Attachments

#63 ·
Locksmith has over 200k on his, look for his post and see what he has done to his E in 200k. Not a lot needed but you will see some mpg drop with higher mileage but at 91k not much yet.

#64 ·
Last week I hit the 100k mark on my 2004EX. Only issues so far have been: a/c cooling fan died and light bulbs behind odometer burned out. Other than that, I've only had to replace consumables like tires, brake pads, fluids, battery, etc...

Completely stock and clean as a whistle.

#65 ·
'03 with 113k @ 10/2008

2003 EX - 5sp .... flipped 100k on 3/05/08 (my b'day)
Running on my third set of tires: General Grabber UHP - 235/70R16 @ 50% tread
A/C replaced at 39k (Honda took care of $)
New O2 sensor @ 103k. I drove with a faulty oxygen sensor for about a year. I bought the generic BOSCH sensor ($129) but could never get it to work. The OEM type (non-Honda) was over $300 for the sensor alone from AutoZone. I figured a Honda sensor would be more. I felt really stupid when I actually checked on the genuine Honda price and found it to be in the $179 range. Installed the Honda O2, fixed. I will echo others.....BUY HONDA BRAND.
Oil changed every 7k - 11k miles, all highway miles. No trailer hitch.
Open intake at filter box.
No major tune-up or timing belt yet.
Wrecked at 30k. Rear-ended at 77k.
D-door rattles over rough road. Seat rocks (fixed once). Radio reception issues with charger usage in 12V socket.
Doesn't have all the pep it used to when at 35k. But I still love it.

Attachments

#66 ·
Earlier this week I posted to this Thread comments from a 100,000 mile owner::lol:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25024

I'm only at 84,000 miles.:rolleyes:

Well Hondamade4dogs I decided to follow up your comment / rumor with an e-mail.

Below is my question....
Do you still own your Element?‏
TO: Kristin Abraham (abrahamart@gmail.com)
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:20 PM, IRV <irvinghome@live.com> wrote:
Your trip and video has often been commented upon at the Element Owners Club web site. Just heard a rumor that you all crashed your Element. Any comments you want to make about your Element? Might I share those comments with the EOC community?

Loved your music.

IRV

.....And the response.

Re: Do you still own your Element?‏
Sent: Tue 9/30/08 3:49 PM
To: IRV (irvinghome@live.com)
Hi!

Still driving the Element . . . 136,294 miles and going strong! Besides going through a couple windshields, we haven't had any problems (knock on wood). We did get in a crash back in tucson, AZ when a kid on his way to work slid into the driver's side. We had to leave it behind for a month while they repaired it. We toured CA in a rental, then picked it back up to finish the journey. That was the only repair we've had to do.

13 months of living in the Element and we still love it. The art and music is touring the U.S. in a national exhibit called The Nomadic Project until 2009. We actually bought an RV to tour with, but only used it for one show. We can fit all fifty paintings, a month of luggage and our most recent addition - our six mo. old daughter - all into the Element. It saves on gas and is much more fun to drive in big cities.

Feel free to share any of this with the EOC community. We love our Element, and if they made it powered by an alternative fuel source, we'd never by anything else!

We hope to meet you at one of the shows!

Safe travels,

Kristin Abraham & Alfonso Llamas"Experience America Through Art"
www.TheNomadicProject.com

#67 · (Edited)
At about 115k. I must have hit 100k in about May or June of 07'. Will post a picture with an edit later.

Checked out what my car would be worth on the used market (not that I'm ever going to sell it) and it can still go for $10k or so at over 100k miles. Maintaining almost half its value after six years with over 100k miles isn't too bad!

EDIT: Here's the pic... guess I was wrong about the mileage... almost at 113k.

#72 ·
Ours went over 160,000 km sometime during our trip to Norfolk a couple of weeks ago ,and I didn't notice...
I usually just have the trip odometer up, so i can keep an eye on the mileage during fill ups...

I noticed last week, while resetting the trip, that it was now at 162 and change...

#74 ·
#77 ·
element on ebay

I own a 06 civic and a 05 accord and thought how cool would it be to have a whole fleet of honda's so i started looking on ebay to see how much an element goes for and i noticed a completed auction for $3500 for an e w/ 215k on it. Just for fun i asked the sell er if the auction went throught and the buyer picked it up. He replied back to say its was still for sale. I quickly met with him and bickered back and fourth then i bought the car! It did need some maintance (tires, oil change, brakes, windsheild...). As my interest grew I started doing research on the net and quickly found this forum. I was unsure of the mileage i could expect of an e so i searched for "high mileage" and found this thread. I then say the post of the ebay auction and quickly joined to write this post. NOw for the good stuff, you all want to know what i paid for the car......$1000

pretty cool huh

#78 ·
I own a 06 civic and a 05 accord and thought how cool would it be to have a whole fleet of honda's so i started looking on ebay to see how much an element goes for and i noticed a completed auction for $3500 for an e w/ 215k on it. Just for fun i asked the sell er if the auction went throught and the buyer picked it up. He replied back to say its was still for sale. I quickly met with him and bickered back and fourth then i bought the car! It did need some maintance (tires, oil change, brakes, windsheild...). As my interest grew I started doing research on the net and quickly found this forum. I was unsure of the mileage i could expect of an e so i searched for "high mileage" and found this thread. I then say the post of the ebay auction and quickly joined to write this post. NOw for the good stuff, you all want to know what i paid for the car......$1000

pretty cool huh
Welcome!!! Very cool story. I bought mine for 9K and I thought I got a good deal.

#79 · (Edited)
So you got a 2004 EX 2WD right? I got a 2003 EX 4WD auto with 141K on it and though that was pretty high miles, my element runs awesome. So far, I ve just changed the trans fluid, the diff fluid, the engine oil and thats it.

The E had NO service records with it although I got it from the orig owner. It did get a new set of Michelins and a brand new windshield in April of this year.

I love it. The real test is when we drive it to Tahoe in the snow. looking forward to it. coletraim00, is that silver one the one you bought?

#83 ·
I broke into the 100k Mile Club a couple of months ago while cruising south along I-95 in New Hampshire. No pictures.. no fanfare - Just a pat on the dash for all the great miles & memories. We celebrated a week or so later with new tires, rear brakes, a rear wiper blade insert (loooooong overdue), and all new LED lighting for the interior and license plate.

Looking forward to many more miles - sitting at 102,735 right now. I too have a busted drivers-side lock - that'll be the next thing to get repaired. But other that that, everything's doing well.

Cheers!

-D

#89 ·
I just passed 100,000 on the way home from work today.
My E is twice as old with two times the miles as my wife's E.:)

Attachments