Honda Element Owners Club banner

cleaning product for the cloth roof

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  erikz 
#1 ·
Hi

Any good cleaning products out there for cleaning the cloth roof?

Thanks for your time.

"t".

#3 ·
We're talking about the headliner, yes? I haven't seen anything in the forums but I haven't looked.

The idea of scotchguarding the seats was discussed and defeated...if you have EXP fabric, it won't penetrate. But maybe once the stains are out, scotchguarding would be in order?

#5 ·
Oh silly me, I was thinking outside the box so to speak. Inside I use Resolve. Red bottle from the grocery store. I have a huge dog and I'm always cleaning nose prints off the ceiling fabric. Just noticed today I have about 10 ore to clean off.

It does really well. Read directions, because you have tp sray then wait then dab.......gently.
j.

#6 ·
Isn't the headliner made from the same type of material (or at least similar?) that the seats are. That might make scothguarding that impossible as well. It feels similar in texture...

Oh, and yes, it's the headliner that he's talking about (or at least I assumed it was).

And in my experience, water soaks into the seats...so I guess it's just the strands of the fabric that can't be penetrated..haha.

#7 ·
With my two Big Dogs, I use any fabric cleaner from the auto parts store

seems to have worked so far................:|

ORANGEE

#8 ·
Baby shampoo and warm/hot water works great on every thing on the inside of the car, except parts of the seat. It won't ruin or stain anything at all. I used it on everything yesterday and it is spotless. Except for the silly string (hopefully not) stains on my seats. I mean my car was trashed, but now you would never know... except for the seats. Apprantly a lot of cleaners will stain the dash and other plastics in the car, or leave streaks, but baby shampoo doesn't. I'm very happy w/ using it. Plus its cheap, and you might have some laying around anyways.

-jp

#9 ·
I had some hand prints from the guys that installed my roof rack on the roof liner. I guess that they were standing in the jamb with the doors open, holding on to my roof. Anyway, I bought some automotive wipes from target and they are good for any surface that is not painted. They leave a little lint behind sometimes, but over all not bad. They took the hand prints right off with no issues. They are just called automotive wipes. They have some with protectant and some w/o. I have the ones w/o.

Hope this helps! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.