Owner Impressions - New SC Owner - Honda Element Owners Club Forum
      Honda Element Owners Club Forum
Go Back   Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Element Owners Club > Greetings & Introductions

Notices

ElementOwnersClub.com is the premier Honda Element Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:51 AM   #1
OldMan
EOC Rank: Hydrogen
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Talking Owner Impressions - New SC Owner

I really want to thank everyone here for sharing all your Element experiences and information these last 2-3 years.

Traded my 03 EX for the 07 SC (Galaxy Gray). Reasons for upgrade: to get increased safety features and built-in satellite radio. I've got to say that the 03 held it's value well.

First Impressions --

Ride Quality: Slightly better than 03.

Noise: Much quieter than 03! Could be due to carpet and new auto trans seems to keep the engine at lower rpm.

Steering: Quicker ratio on SC appreciated but EX is ok too.

Best new features: Satellite radio, painted panels & trim, CONSOLE, belt location in seat backs, projector beam headlamps.

Recommendation: Consider the SC - it's quieter and more comfortable.

Hopes this helps you shoppers,
Old Man
(not to be confused with Grumpy Old Man)
OldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
ORANGEE
EOC Rank: Iron
2003 *Former Element owner
Sunset Orange Pearl (SOP)

iBetter late than never..............WELCOME
Old 02-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
COLNAGO
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Root Beer Metallic (RBM)

I have the same ElementSC and also purchased it back in 06. You must be a compulsive buyer like me? I saw it, drove it and traded my EX in the course of 1 hr. Didn't tell the Mrs., and I do regret that poor decision. Still, no regrets on trading up to the SC, cause it rocks. Still get people commenting on it, "I don't care for Elements, but that one is nice" , which kind of feels gratifying after 3 years of "man that thing is funky looking, etc." But I still love the original too.
COLNAGO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Twilightzero
EOC Rank: Sulfur
2007 4WD LX MT
Tango Red Pearl (TRP)

I'm from the other side, I highly prefer the original design w/ plastic trim. But to each their own.

BTW welcome to the asylum

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

"Always use protection, be it latex or legal"
-Twilightzero

Join Cap'n Twirate's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EOC Bucanneers!

Mods: ASA JS6 rims, Nokian WR-SUV tires,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Curt Class III trailer hitch,
, Infinity 6022si Speakers, Shen's Side Marker Turn Signals, Leather shift boot, K&N filter,
, Home Depot Grill
Twilightzero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
GUMP08SC
EOC Rank: Helium
2008 SC 2WD 5AT
Royal Blue Pearl (RBP)

Thumbs up Like my SC also...

I've always been intrigued by the form and function of the Element. Although, I was one of those people that just did not care for the contrasting color of the bumpers and side panels. I realize that just as many people feel that is one of the better "features".

When I first learned of the SC I was sold. I really liked the body colored panels and, particularly, the projection lamps. I did not even realize the differences in the interior. I was also pleased with the larger wheels and sway bars. As, I am one of those folks that does not go "off road".

As it is, I really like my '08 SC!!! And I, too, would recommend it to anyone that would listen. Although, as I said earlier, I can understand the folks that prefer the non-carpeted interior and the non-painted panels.

Fact is.... we all like OUR Elements!!! And there is nothing wrong with that!!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #6
Basset Box
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Galaxy Gray Metallic (GG)

Never would have gotten an E without the full paint job. Other aspects of the SC are better for me too. Many others would say the same for the traditional trim too. A sub culture within the E network.

To Do List: HID retrofit.
Basset Box is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #7
LunchBoxDriver
EOC Rank: Carbon
2009 4WD EX 5AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

My turn...

Hey there Old Man...!

May she give you many years of service and enjoyment... Now, before the rest of the Esylum chimes in, get those "new" pictures up dude...! You've been around the block so let's see the new pretty E-Lady...!

(That was a "friendly" warning...) LOL!!!

LBD

The LBD Glossary... "LMELBO"... (L)augh-(M)y-(E)lement-(L)oving-(B)utt-(O)ff... *bow*

The LBD Help Desk: (PC-users) To do the CENTS "˘" sign... Hold down the "ALT" key and then punch in "0162" on your 10-key pad (not the upper row of the keyboard!)... Just MY...!!!

The LBD D-I-Y Mods links:

-
LunchBoxDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
Scotia4607
EOC Rank: Oxygen
2007 SC 2WD 5AT
Nighthawk Black Pearl (NBP)

I much prefer the citified look of the SC: however, the skylight and all wheel drive would be a huge asset.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
aces
2006 4WD EX-P AT
Tangerine Metallic (TM)

After I decided to buy an E, I first was convinced that I was going to buy an SC. I like the body-color painted panels/trim (though I like the plastic panels/trim, too), the cozy feeling of the carpeted floors and the center console that houses the aux and power jacks.

I ended up buying an '06 EX-P because of the body-color painted panels and trim, the Real-Time 4WD (useful here in Pa.) and the fact that I have two dogs that shed enough to clothe a small country. Plus, when I saw from the Carfax "Hot Listing" e-mail that it was Tangerine Metallic, I was pretty much sold. ;) I heart my E.
aces is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
LunchBoxDriver
EOC Rank: Carbon
2009 4WD EX 5AT
Polished Metal Metallic (PMM)

Hey Aces...!

Welcome...!

You "orange" people... *sigh*...! LOL!!!

LBD

The LBD Glossary... "LMELBO"... (L)augh-(M)y-(E)lement-(L)oving-(B)utt-(O)ff... *bow*

The LBD Help Desk: (PC-users) To do the CENTS "˘" sign... Hold down the "ALT" key and then punch in "0162" on your 10-key pad (not the upper row of the keyboard!)... Just MY...!!!

The LBD D-I-Y Mods links:

-
LunchBoxDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Honda Element Owners Club Forum > Element Owners Club > Greetings & Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Element Owners Club Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Model Year
What year is your E?
Model
What model is your E?
Color
What color is your E?
Can you spell?
What letter in the alphabet is the fifth character of the word "Honda Element"
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in