Honda Element Owners Club banner

New Economy Cargo Element Mat from Murdock Industrial only $89

77K views 104 replies 59 participants last post by  auzlndr 
#1 ·
Greetings All,

Murdock Industrial has just announced our new economy cargo mat which is only $89, made to the same quality control as the rubber mats we sell. The raw materials a less expensive so the mats are less expensive to make. We've had someone else start selling a knock off cargo mat and it's not apples to apples to our rubber mat, this is.

As always we will be including the tear resistant hinges on the chair cutouts and also the filler strips for the cavities that are open when the seats are up.

To find out more, please visit the our site at:
http://honda.murdockindustrial.com/

Thanks!
Tony

#3 ·
I am curious as well. Can you give us a spec comparison between the 2 materials.

#6 ·
vinyl huh? I didn't catch that. Vinyl will be very slippery especially if you clean it (F21, Mequirs, etc...) or get it wet.

I would stick to the rubber.

#7 ·
MTP said:
vinyl huh? I didn't catch that. Vinyl will be very slippery especially if you clean it (F21, Mequirs, etc...) or get it wet.

I would stick to the rubber.
If it's textured vinyl it shouldn't slip. I have a no slip textured vinyl bedliner in my truck and it holds items securely. did I spell "textured correctly :confused:

#8 ·
Hello everyone,

I'd like to shine some light on this whole vinyl or rubber question for everyone. They do not make diamond plate deck runner in rubber, and they never will. The only material offered for this is vinyl because of its high abrasion resistance, it's superior slip resistance, and it's high tolerance to chemicals. So someone on here saying they have a rubber mat that is Diamond Plate Deck Runner is selling you a bill of goods and been feeding you all a line. So it sounds to me like someone should do a little more homework and learn a little more about what they are selling and stop leading people into believing things that are not true. But don't take my word for it search the internet for Diamond Plate Deck Runner and see for yourselves.

Good Day....

#13 ·
Element Liner said:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to shine some light on this whole vinyl or rubber question for everyone. They do not make diamond plate deck runner in rubber, and they never will. The only material offered for this is vinyl because of its high abrasion resistance, it's superior slip resistance, and it's high tolerance to chemicals. So someone on here saying they have a rubber mat that is Diamond Plate Deck Runner is selling you a bill of goods and been feeding you all a line. So it sounds to me like someone should do a little more homework and learn a little more about what they are selling and stop leading people into believing things that are not true. But don't take my word for it search the internet for Diamond Plate Deck Runner and see for yourselves.

Good Day....
i love homework! SEARCHED AND FOUND THIS

(from site)
Material: Premium Black Molded Rubber. Style: Non-slip Diamond Top or Pebble grain. Overall Thickness: 1/2". Backing: Waffle back air cushions.
Features: Unsurpassed comfort and versatility, perfect for any work station. Modular design allows for custom configurations. Molded bevel edges on all sides ensure safe, smooth transitions.
Attractive diamond top or pebble grain designs. Common Uses: Work stations, cash registures, service counters, industrial settings, home work shop, and many other home uses!

#15 ·
The guy posting as element liner is obviously the bitter guy that got kick around. He has 2 post and both are about liners.
Vinyl has never been sold as material to reduce slippage. Vinyl by its very state is very slick and as I stated ealier only gets slippiery when wet.

I have rubber diamond plate in a light gray matting and it comes this way all over the place. It is used as floor matting around electronics and high voltage equipment to add insulation to help reduce the shock ability.

Element liner obviously thinks we are idiots. Maybe you should be the one doing some homework and google it yourself.

#19 ·
Genom said:
Great, another pissing match to clutter the boards.

In before lockdown.
Here here! These two guys bickering back and forth is getting old. Has anyone purchased the elementliner or this new Murdock liner? That's what I want to here.

Personally I thought about getting the original Murdock liner, now that I hear there are 2 other products out there that are cheaper...I'm listening...and holding off.

I think anymore banter from bjave or Elementliners should be deleted until a consumer can post on the new products. Leave the post open though.

Just a thought

#20 ·
It would almost make sense for an impartial judge to schedule a meet since they are both in PA and I'm pretty sure they know each other :? . That way the products can be idependently evaluated. I do have to say though that feedback on the original Murdock liner is nothing but good and I think you can find more than enough people to recommend that one. I realize that saving a few bucks is always nice, but you do get what you pay for.

#21 ·
James_in_Baltimore said:
A photo from Burning Man! The man burns in 80 days and last night I decided for sure that I'll be taking my Element out to the festival, so I am definately going to need a mat before I go.

If Murdock ships me the left half of a mat, and Element Liners ships me the right half of a mat, I'll be happy to do a side-by-side cross-country comparison including one week in the harsh Nevada Black Rock desert! :)

#22 ·
Elementliners send me one of your mats. I will be happy to do an unbiased review of its quality. :) Send me a PM if you are interested.

#23 ·
Obviously, TMac let the other guy advertise w/EOC. When I get my E, I am going to think seriously about which mats to get. IMO, if TMac let him back then there must have been some serious mis-comunication between the two companies. If the new guy is making a decent mat at a reasonable price then I might go with that. I hope he sends a mat to black dog1 and we can get a good unbiased opinion from him.

#24 · (Edited)
blackdog1 said:
Elementliners send me one of your mats. I will be happy to do an unbiased review of its quality. :) Send me a PM if you are interested.
:) Blackdog1, after you are done with the *Big Dog* test, send it my way and we will see if it is Puppy Proof . . . the Murdock Mat is taking some hits but hanging in there.

#26 ·
Perhaps both vendors will have their merchandise available for inspection in Columbus at the EOC Meet.

Who knows, they may even provide a few door prizes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.