Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
654 Posts
This is an old thread, but found it on a search. Having never driven an automatic Element, I wondered if the 5 speed was any faster then the automatic. I thought my 5 speed seemed pretty responsive for a 4 Cyl, eapecially from a stop. On the 0-60, the manual won by almost 2 seconds. Not sure if the top speed is comparable on the Auto vs Manual, but it does seem like the 5 speed could use an extra gear sometimes at highway speeds.

If I remember correctly, 8.1 for the 5-spd and 9.6 for the automatic in the Motorweek tests. The 5-spd pulls away nicely without even trying from stoplights. I can see a few people a bit astonished to see a "SUV" do a drag-race-style start. :D

· Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
3,136 Posts
My E takes a little over 9 seconds to go 0-60 on a flat entry onto an expressway without squealing the tires.

I've never had to push it that hard to merge. Better tests for real world driving would be 30-50 mph and 55 to 70 mph - ranges experienced during passing maneuvers.

I wish I had a convenient place off-track to test the time to go 60-0 on various surfaces.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
not that its real relevant but 30-50 EX 2wd beats SC 55-75 SC beats ex 2wd

heavy wheels FTW

but yea I think all elements stock were in the 16.4-16.9 range

0-60 was supposed to be the 8.4 sec range

but a nice set of light weight wheels/tires maybe an intake and exhaust and you could run a 16.0 or faster. shorter height tires (if you can correct the speedo) would be an immense help as the element needs a gear change. atleast the 5spd auto is way over geared for the element.

if you never go over 100 why would you need gears to go 150 on a 50 mile strait away

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.