Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who out there knows the actual differences? Is it the way they sit on the struts and perches or is it the spring rate? Both? just wondering how coilovers are "designed" and the springs are year specific. I know the coilovers replace everything but what is the difference between the years?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The 07 up has one front spring wound in the opposite direction, thats about it, and yes coilovers replace it all but 07 up uses different hardware, thats why 07 up tein guys have to get different hardware, the new Ksports will have 2 seperate models, 1 for 03to06 and 1 for 07 up so you can bolt on with no probs or running to your local hardware stores or dealer and trying to find good strong hardware.

·
Registered
874 Posts
does any one make coil spacers for these small dia springs?I dont realy want to get rid of the battery or propane bottle on the front of my camper

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 07 up has one front spring wound in the opposite direction, thats about it, and yes coilovers replace it all but 07 up uses different hardware, thats why 07 up tein guys have to get different hardware, the new Ksports will have 2 seperate models, 1 for 03to06 and 1 for 07 up so you can bolt on with no probs or running to your local hardware stores or dealer and trying to find good strong hardware.
so that is the only difference? basically a cheaper coilover kit (not the whole strut and what not, just he sleves and springs on factory ones) wouldnt work because of this? isnt the top of the spring flat and the bottom part the one that is uneven? if that is the case and the top if even they would theoretically work right?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I believe the the Ground Controls would fit but you really have to do the koni insert mod that snowdreams did, youll blow stock struts out in no time flat. The koni's are a lot of work, but SD seems to like them and may be well worth it but by time you add it all up in price, time to modify the struts(cut them open, open up rear mounting hole) its easier and a quiker bolt on to use an actual coil over system like teins or the new KSports.
Later
Steve

·
Registered
317 Posts
There is a guy that posted in the 09 forum about being a test car for a new version of ground controlls. He has an 09 so I'm hoping/assuming that since there are at least 3 model years that have the same suspension setup (07,08,09) that they finally are getting a product available for it.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50705&page=5

a little over half way down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts