Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me solve this issue I don’t have a power reader but I’m pretty sure it’s dead I think the connection is bad the old motor was covered in gunk when I bought it I’ve cleaned it a little but I’m not sure where the wire runs too if there are any other fuses it’s bothering me and I can’t afford to pay someone else plus I’m pretty handy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know of a way to clean up the connector. I bought connecter cleaner at the auto store but don’t know how to use it really.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
No where or how can I do that ez. Maybe I will try and plug the rear motor plug into the front and see if that works for now are they the same plug?
You can try to go in behind the wheel liner or take the bumper off. If you have a power pack or jump box, run wires directly to the pump to see if it works. (Or get really long wires and run them from the battery.) I use a pair with alligator clips on one end so you don't need 2 people. If you don't hear the pump run then the pump is bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or I can jus pop the pump out ez my loner is missing so it ez to get to. Can I jump it off the tank and see if it runs dry for a sec?? The motor looks nice did come from the junkyard and dude told me to just put it in my pocket so I wasn’t charged so no warranty

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These washer pumps have a history of going south.

After 17 years I wouldn't be surprised if it was dead.
Both my original and the one from the junk yard though that’s a possibility but the one I got looks nice mine was covered in gunk

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You could buy a test light and unplug the pump and have someone activate the washer. See if you're getting power at all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
2 wires from the car battery will test the pump. Those pumps corrode from the inside out. New ones are cheap and easy to replace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am trying the same thing. Both my front and back washer pumps are not working which makes me think it’s something with the electric. Wipers all work, so it’s not a fuse. Got the car in January after passing down my old blue to my daughter. This 2011 has low mileage. I think it sat a while. I did get to look at the pump and really everything visually appeared pretty good. Somebody said to check the ground but I’m not sure where that is grounded. I’ve tried to find a wiring diagram online with no real luck. I do have a multimeter. Ideas??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts