Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past week I was at the beach in SC and the temps were pretty warm (where we were) so I had to run the air at least 30%-40% of the time. Filled up when we got there (10% ethanol mix) and was pleasantly surprised by the fuel mileage off all in town stop and go. Here is a pic when I stopped to re-fuel right before we left to come home.

When I re-fueled I tried to fit in as much as possible but was only able to put 12.07 back into the e.

316.9 / 12.07 = 26.25 MPG for all city driving

Overall I am a happy camper considering the air did have to be run at least 3 days out of the 7.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I'll see your 316.9 and raise it 45.4. :)

362.3 miles
0721091710a.jpg

In all fairness, I'll have to post the actual fill up amount later on tonight when I get home. But I think it was in the 13.5 gal range.

EDIT: actual fillup was 13.621 gal. resulting in 26.6 mpg

But you're right, these things can get decent mileage, this isn't that far from norm for me, and it's NOT all highway either - but it's not much city driving either.

EDIT 2 - you could have done the same really, or more - I wouldn't doubt we could bust the 400 mile to a tank really. I just don't like running the tank that low.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you had an 03 I would call you an ass for ruining my joy ;-).

If I am all hwy I can get that but never in all city. Any chance the 06's got better gas mileage than the 03's or am I a few tricks away from getting it perfect?

Congrats on the mileage man.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
EDIT 2 - you could have done the same really, or more - I wouldn't doubt we could bust the 400 mile to a tank really. I just don't like running the tank that low.
It takes a lot of doing, but in rare instances, yes, the Element can break the 400 mile mark. I've done it. Of course, I've since lost that pic, but here's another goodie...

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I average around 22-23 combined.....NEVER have gotten anywhere close to what others have said they get, now the wifes CR-V, that is another story !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts