Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the panel off, replaced actuator, replaced panel...except... I can't figure out how to reinstall the small triangular part at the rear of the window.

The fin has a metal clip and a screws that seem to hold rubber flaps. Do I have to take off the door panel to fit it? Unscrew the screws? Anyone done this? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It should slide back on then clip in. In your second photo, you can see the clip in the upper right. That will snap into the rectangle that you see in the center of your first photo.
Thanks for your reply. I see a flat area of plastic below the metal clip. I think that is what you are suggesting should slide back, but the space between the metal plate and the plastic nub on the door panel is so tight, I haven't been able to slide the piece. Hmm....I wonder if it would work better with the window down? I'll work on it some more. Thanks for your ideas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mine did not fit...i had to compare it to the one on the other side to realize the metal was bent out of shape. Bent it a little here and there with some pliers and it ended up going back in perfectly. Also I had to bend some of the metal on the door that was probably bent from the corner piece and jamming it in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine did not fit...i had to compare it to the one on the other side to realize the metal was bent out of shape. Bent it a little here and there with some pliers and it ended up going back in perfectly. Also I had to bend some of the metal on the door that was probably bent from the corner piece and jamming it in.
I'm so gentle with panels and clips, I didn't think of applying a little of the "old ultra-violence" to the metal. I'll go for it!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I whomever had looked at the broken window regulator before I got the car must of been the "ultra-violent" type.:mad::ROFLMAO:. Just compare the difficult side with the one on the other side. It might be obvious like it was in my case. If it is being stubborn for long enough you might just end up releasing a little anger on it...you never know. have a nice day.:mad::)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anything to replace in a door is a PITA. But not as bad as say, replacing struts. I did my door lock actuator, and it was kinda fussy. Best to do it on a fairly warm day. A cold day could make the plastic panel clips brittle. Whole project is doable in an hour or so, if you don't leave your flashlight in the door that is... ;)

Got the panel off, replaced actuator, replaced panel...except... I can't figure out how to reinstall the small triangular part at the rear of the window. View attachment 202222 View attachment 202221

The fin has a metal clip and a screws that seem to hold rubber flaps. Do I have to take off the door panel to fit it? Unscrew the screws? Anyone done this? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts